Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

If hes free Im all for it. Nothing wrong with adding a bit  of depth to the squad

If he's free AND if Joey goes this window.. They are pretty similar in the sense that both can't beat a full back and their wing play relies heavily on early crosses.

Getting Larsson would mean that we have enough depth but no versatility in our attacking play down the right.

If hes free Im all for it. Nothing wrong with adding a bit  of depth to the squad

If he's free AND if Joey goes this window.. They are pretty similar in the sense that both can't beat a full back and their wing play relies heavily on early crosses.

Getting Larsson would mean that we have enough depth but no versatility in our attacking play down the right.

If hes free and Joey goes next summer, its still worthwhile...

Just to reiterate my opinion, he'd better than any other genuine wide options you have, basically Jonas, and if this could free up Barton into CM with Nolan i think it'd do nothing but strengthen your side. Then again, N'Zogbia is better and if he's a reasonable option you should get him but will Mike Ashley buy N'Zogbia for about £9m? when there's an option almost as good for free, i don't think so. If you signed both your squad would be improved no end.

i dont see what peoples fascination about him is. larsson is nothing better than what we have. People just think hes a a better player than he is because hes available on a free.

he has good delivery and decent from dead ball situations but he would add very little to our team. He reminds me very much of ryan taylor, who came with the same reputation of being great from set plays etc, but who got found out to be pretty average if not rubbish pretty quick.

If we are to "progress" the team and push higher up the table we need to look at other players.

I admit I haven't seen much of Larsson, but is a comparioson with Ryan Taylor accurate? Yes they have both got good delivery, but other than that Taylor is an abomination of a footballer, with no touch, control or skill. From what I've seen of Larsson he looks a lot more comfortable on the ball.

Barton is better than Larsson but Larsson is quite a bit better than either Taylor or Routledge.

The only way this can be seen as a bad deal would be if he came in like for like with Barton leaving and that was our only activity in that position, which we know is unlikely to happen as Barton has said he won't leave until next summer.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Still would be a strong addition to the squad. Hopefully not a replacement for Barton though.

Guest MrSundlofer

Would've made decent cover for Barton/Cabaye but its no huge miss.

He wouldn't have come here to be a cover. He's been a regular starter for Birmingham some seasons now and I'm sure he's aware of that he will be a starter for his next club as well.

As I said in January, I'm glad we didn't sign him. He's solid but not "that" player we are looking for.