Stevenage 3 - 1 Newcastle Utd (FA Cup) - 08/01/11 - post match reaction from p34

Dave

Btw... one of the saddest things re: the players was Nolan. I think he's a brilliant captain but today he was completley out of character. Shameful performance as skipper.

Nolan played how he does every week. He's extremely limited. Without Tiote to initiate play in midfield we couldn't play, and so Nolan didn't have a chance to get into the box, as our long balls just lost us posession all game.

He was lost without Tiote, sure, we know that he is anyway - it's barely worth picking up on... but i was speaking purely from a Captain's perspective. Reminded me of Owen today; really disappointing to see cos as i say - i think he's a good skipper.

Remember bobby's reaction to us losing 3-2 to wolves in 2002.  He went mental, and this is 10x worse than that result so the riot act should read load and clear from Ashley to the management and players.

Will it happen, will it fuck.

He's a yes man.

Just like to apologise for my positivity during the half time. I thought the game echoed the first half of last season when we were frequently poor but pulled through with a win.

That second half was something else. f***ing disgraceful stuff.

The changes he made, honestly.

Barton into the middle - proven not to work

Nolan further up - proven not to work

Lovenkrands on the left - proven not to work

Smith breathing - proven not to work

Some of the stupidest decisions I've seen from any Newcastle manager, ever. At least Souness did it out of spite, Pardew is just thick as f***ing mince.

0-0, away at a League Two ground, and we go one up top (a striker that isn't even ready to play upfront with another player alongside him), Nolan playing off him and fucking Lovenkrands on the wing.

Not wanting to credit away from Stevenage, but I do want to. We handed them the game in the first 15 mins of the second half. On a fucking silver platter.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Some observations:

Alan Smith is a horrible cunt of a man. I genuinely hate him and would sacrifice a finger for him to retire. Thick piece of shit.

James Perch.. If our reserve players are not better than what he is right now we might as well close down the academy and save the money. Shocking player.

Williamson, Nolan, Simpson, Best and Routledge all played their worst Newcastle match so far.

A collective meltdown of epic proportions. Shameful.

To sum it up;  :dowie: :facepalm: :no:

Ps: Mariner is a buswanker of the highest order. Was not even a free kick and he managed to pull out a red card. Wow, just wow.

surely the fa should have a look at that but I doubt they will...

Someone mentioned it when Pardew first came in... he's got to learn (about his squad) what Hughton had spent a year learning. We're back to square one, epitomised by the fact Lovenkrands was on the wing.

Guest neesy111

Simon 'c***' Bird on twitter

"Yet another national humiliation for #nufc This one worse because it is on the pitch. Eclipses #safc and #boro losses today"

What on earth is he talking about. Horrible journo.

Bird is right

He is, this is far worse than the SAFC and Boro defeats.

Guest neesy111

Move on, one of those days.

We will still beat the mackems even if cheicks out, theyve still got bigger problems.

:no:

Some observations:

Alan Smith is a horrible c*** of a man. I genuinely hate him and would sacrifice a finger for him to retire. Thick piece of s***.

James Perch.. If our reserve players are not better than what he is right now we might as well close down the academy and save the money. Shocking player.

Williamson, Nolan, Simpson, Best and Routledge all played their worst Newcastle match so far.

A collective meltdown of epic proportions. Shameful.

To sum it up;  :dowie: :facepalm: :no:

Ps: Mariner is a buswanker of the highest order. Was not even a free kick and he managed to pull out a red card. Wow, just wow.

surely the fa should have a look at that but I doubt they will...

We could of done with Mark Messier in midfield & Mike Richter in goal today.

Simon 'c***' Bird on twitter

"Yet another national humiliation for #nufc This one worse because it is on the pitch. Eclipses #safc and #boro losses today"

What on earth is he talking about. Horrible journo.

Bird is right

He is, this is far worse than the SAFC and Boro defeats.

Oh ffs, like it even matters.

This could be the worst Newcastle performance I've ever seen and that isn't knee jerk, even when Hereford put us out it was a fluke.  Tonight we've been pissed all over by Stevanage.

Someone mentioned it when Pardew first came in... he's got to learn (about his squad) what Hughton had spent a year learning. We're back to square one, epitomised by the fact Lovenkrands was on the wing.

i dont accept that though mate, he claims to have watched all the games this season, so have we, we know the limitations of the squad, why doesnt he.

One mmassive positive is tat we confirm what the vast majority already knew - Alan Smith should never wear the shirt again. Tiote would never have came on (and then off!) if that useless bag of yorkshire shite had been in anyway capable.

Today Alan Pardew learnt a harsh lesson about Smith and Nolan. Lets hope he doesn't forget it. Pardew has had Tiote available every game this season. Hopefully now he understands how the team completely capitulates without him in there. People talking about gross mismanagement on here are being petty. Today was all about Nolan and Smith not being capable against a League 2 midfield. Now Pardew knows.

Guest RowanB

as i said, worst performance ive ever seen, and hopefully will be the worst i ever will see. ive seen us been s*** before, wigan away under souness rings a bell, but i'm actually a bit stunned at just how sordid we've been today.

That's exactly the one I think of. I've always said that Carling Cup game was the worst I've ever seen, but this was close. To be honest, I just don't think we really cared enough. I swear, if we'd been professional and battled from the off, we'd have had the edge over them, but we had such a strange mentality. It's as if we were playing thinking 'hmm, should will try? Shall we not bother? Shall we pretend we don't care? Hmm, let's play. No, let's not bother.' I fancied our chances until Tiote was wrongfully sent off. I think Stevenage would have tired and we could have escaped embarrassment.

Guest neesy111

This could be the worst Newcastle performance I've ever seen and that isn't knee jerk, even when Hereford put us out it was a fluke.  Tonight we've been pissed all over by Stevanage.

According to some, the FA cup doesn't matter.  Idiots.