Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Most important first 20 minutes of the season.

Nothing stupid, no rash tackles and set our stall out to maintain possession and frustrate them into fouls.

They'll come out all guns blazing so the last thing we need is to concede early.

The longer the game goes goalless, the longer our fans will wind theirs up and the bigger potential to nick something.

C'mon the Lads!!

Alan Smith and Nolan in midfield. I just can't see us playing well unfortunately, as it will affect both our defending and our build up play going forward. Set pieces will be huge for us today. Hopefully, Sunderland play rubbish.

If Sunderland lose to us at home, without Tiote and Carroll in the team, they should never be allowed to live that down. It would be an absolute disgrace for them imo. Let's hope we pull it off somehow.

Alan Smith and Nolan in midfield. I just can't see us playing well unfortunately, as it will affect both our defending and our build up play going forward. Set pieces will be huge for us today. Hopefully, Sunderland play rubbish.

If Sunderland lose to us at home, without Tiote and Carroll in the team, they should never be allowed to live that down. It would be an absolute disgrace for them imo. Let's hope we pull it off somehow.

Is that team confirmed?

Is that team confirmed?

I think someone on here said they were told that it was. Sorry if I'm wrong. I guess we won't know for sure till game time. If Routledge had shown more, I would have been more confident of Barton being moved inside and Routledge starting on the wing. However, he's been so poor that Pardew is more likely to play the "experienced" Smith inside, which of course will not only mean nothing from Smith, but also nothing from Nolan.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'd love it if he was actually fine, and starting, and we'd even made that fake "My derby day miss" article thing as part of the ploy.

We won't though, just thought it would be cool. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Would be great from Pardew btw (if Carroll played). Fergie-like.

Just hope he doesn't play and fuck himself up worse

If we win, then i'd be prepared to risk him tbh