Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

I had a dream we were 3-1 up then 3-3. We went 4-3 up and they went down the other end to equalise straight away and then scored an injury time penalty to win 5-4.

The only thing was in the dream we were playing Liverpool at SJP.

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2009/03/lawrenson-415x275.jpg

Sunderland v Newcastle (1200 GMT)

This is a revenge mission for Sunderland after they were completely taken apart by Newcastle when they met at St James' Park at the end of October and their players will be motivated by memories of that match - it could be quite a fiery encounter.

Newcastle could do with having Andy Carroll back but, after a few weeks out, I cannot see how he will be 100% fit even if he does return. Their confidence also might have taken a knock after their FA Cup defeat at the hands of non-league Stevenage last weekend.

Sunderland were on the wrong end of a Cup upset too, at home to League One side Notts County, but they have had a few injuries to contend with and their line-up was not as strong as the one Newcastle put out.

Prediction: 2-0

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23664145-sacked-lawyer-launches-5m-sex-abuse-case-against-jesuits.do    (Para 4, 2nd Sentence - explains a lot.)

A Mackem appeared in my local tonight,I hadn't seen/smelt him before but he knew me before the gaffer,my mate and supplier to the Holte season ticket for our relegation,introduced me.My spirits lifted as I took the piss so much so that after I answered the question,"What time does it start Sunday," I replied that for me ,superiority over a town of three fingered inbreds remained intact whatever happened,and that the previous Derby started at 5 to 1.I then put 3 Nolans records on the jukebox,and commented that it was a shame the Ameobi sisters never got the recording deal they deserved.

The night was complete when Mackem's wife attempted to kiss me in the foyer,as I was piss corner bound,for me to back away saying that I knew where she'd been. :lol:

this post needs translating

A Mackem appeared in my local tonight,I hadn't seen/smelt him before but he knew me before the gaffer,my mate and supplier to the Holte season ticket for our relegation,introduced me.My spirits lifted as I took the piss so much so that after I answered the question,"What time does it start Sunday," I replied that for me ,superiority over a town of three fingered inbreds remained intact whatever happened,and that the previous Derby started at 5 to 1.I then put 3 Nolans records on the jukebox,and commented that it was a shame the Ameobi sisters never got the recording deal they deserved.

The night was complete when Mackem's wife attempted to kiss me in the foyer,as I was piss corner bound,for me to back away saying that I knew where she'd been. :lol:

FYP

Ein Mackem ist in meinem örtlichen heute Abend erschienen, hatte ich nicht gesehen/hat gerochen ihn vorher aber er hat mich gewusst, bevor der gaffer, mein Gegenstück und Lieferant zu die Holte Dauerkarte für unsere Verbannung, mich eingeführt hat. Meine Geister haben aufgehoben, als ich die Pisse so viel genommen habe, damit nachdem ich die Frage beantwortet habe,“ macht Wie viel Uhr es anfängt Sonntag,“ habe ich dass für mich, Erhabenheit über einer Stadt von drei angefasst angeboren ist geblieben unversehrt geantwortet, was auch immer geschehen ist, und jenes das vorherige Derby Angefangen an 5 zu 1. ich dann stelle 3 Nolans Aufzeichnungen auf die Jukebox, und hat kommentiert, dass es eine Schande war, die die Ameobi Schwestern nie das Aufzeichnungsgeschäft erhalten haben, das sie verdient haben.

Die Nacht war vollständig, als die Ehefrau von Mackem versucht hat, mich im Foyer zu küssen, als ich Pisseecke gebunden war, für mich, zurückzuweichen, sagend, dass ich gekannt habe, wo sie gewesen war.

Been feeling ok all week, but seeing the likely teams for the day I reckon they shade it in a couple of areas and I'd be surprised if we get anything from the game now.

Our hope is that the fat Geordie lad's manic rants will backfire putting added pressure on his team and I still think we edge it on "big game" players.  Even Loevenkrands who offers very little nowadays will bring a lot of "hostile derby" experience to the table and will be another good lad to have in the dressing room for this one.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347372/Newcastle-striker-light-Alan-Pardew-targets-win-derby-Sunderland.html

As Pardew took his players through their penultimate training session, Carroll’s obvious replacement Shola Ameobi turned his ankle again, and was withdrawn immediately from the practice starting line-up.

Ameobi made way for Peter Lovenkrands but returned gingerly on the opposite side before the end of the session.

He will be put through his paces again today before Pardew decides if he can partner Leon Best.

FUCK

We're fucked.

FYP

Ein Mackem ist in meinem örtlichen heute Abend erschienen, hatte ich nicht gesehen/hat gerochen ihn vorher aber er hat mich gewusst, bevor der gaffer, mein Gegenstück und Lieferant zu die Holte Dauerkarte für unsere Verbannung, mich eingeführt hat. Meine Geister haben aufgehoben, als ich die Pisse so viel genommen habe, damit nachdem ich die Frage beantwortet habe,“ macht Wie viel Uhr es anfängt Sonntag,“ habe ich dass für mich, Erhabenheit über einer Stadt von drei angefasst angeboren ist geblieben unversehrt geantwortet, was auch immer geschehen ist, und jenes das vorherige Derby Angefangen an 5 zu 1. ich dann stelle 3 Nolans Aufzeichnungen auf die Jukebox, und hat kommentiert, dass es eine Schande war, die die Ameobi Schwestern nie das Aufzeichnungsgeschäft erhalten haben, das sie verdient haben.

Die Nacht war vollständig, als die Ehefrau von Mackem versucht hat, mich im Foyer zu küssen, als ich Pisseecke gebunden war, für mich, zurückzuweichen, sagend, dass ich gekannt habe, wo sie gewesen war.

... into English

FYP

... into English

OK, google translate to the rescue.

A Mackem is released today in my local evening, I had not seen / smelled him before but he knew me before the gaffer, my counterpart and supplier to the Holte ticket for our exile, has introduced me. My spirits have lifted, as I took the piss so much so that after I answered the question, "makes as much Clock it starts Sunday," I did that for me, greatness is over a city congenital three touched remained posted in intact What is happened, and that the previous derby started at 5 to 1 I then put three Nolans records on the jukebox, and commented that it was a shame that the Ameobi sisters have never received the recording business, which they deserve.

The night was complete, as the wife of Mackem tried to kiss me in the foyer when I Pisseecke was bound for me to retreat, saying that I knew where she had been.

(Do the germans really have a word for 'piss corner'? :lol:)

Enrique and Jonas were a big miss against Stevenage, so it'll be good to have them back.

Tiote out is massive, but if its just him out of the back eight and their midfield is also a bit depleted, I doubt we'll lose heavily. If it's Perch or Barton on the left or Guthrie or some other nonsense, then I'll be far more worried. Some combo of half crocked Shola, McLoven, Best, and Ranger won't amount to much, but after beating them 5-1, it will take more than poor forward play to give them sufficient revenge. Its not uncommon for one to bounce in off someone's arse or get bundled in in a derby.

That said, I think we'll win 2-1. In the spirit of the original chicken dance, one for one of our center halves, with Barton or Nolan getting the other.

Genuinely had a dream that Smith put us 1-0 up with a half-volley from the edge of the box. Then suddenly they were 2-1 up. All this was happening whilst I was stuck at home refreshing N-O, having not gone out to watch it. We may or may not have equalised at the end.

Sunderland v Newcastle (1200 GMT)

This is a revenge mission for Sunderland after they were completely taken apart by Newcastle when they met at St James' Park at the end of October and their players will be motivated by memories of that match - it could be quite a fiery encounter.

Newcastle could do with having Andy Carroll back but, after a few weeks out, I cannot see how he will be 100% fit even if he does return. Their confidence also might have taken a knock after their FA Cup defeat at the hands of non-league Stevenage last weekend.

Sunderland were on the wrong end of a Cup upset too, at home to League One side Notts County, but they have had a few injuries to contend with and their line-up was not as strong as the one Newcastle put out.Prediction: 2-0

:facepalm:

Well going into this they are favourites again and the pressure is squarely on them after the 5-1 mullering. They're desperate to make amends and the longer the game goes on without it being a revenge mullering the more it plays in our hands.

I think it'll be tough for us without the injuries but I'm not sure it's as one sided as some think. Players like Barton and Nolan know how to win these games.

Tough ask all the same.