Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Never before have I seen a manager and set of fans so bitter and wound up over a result before, I f***ing love it :lol:

As I've said before (meh, it's worthy of a repeat), probably the funniest quote from any manager I've heard this year was (as well as him saying their season was based on beating you), "With 67 days to go to the next derby, we need to exact revenge. Not that I'm counting the days or anything." :lol:

quality :lol: sounds like he's been taking pr tips from SBR

Guest Wearside

I hope Bruce has calmed down by Sunday,he seems to be very wound up and is talking like a fan rather than a manager.Sunday will require calm heads and if he sends the players out too wound up you can be sure one of them will end up with a red card.

I hope Bruce has calmed down by Sunday,he seems to be very wound up and is talking like a fan rather than a manager.Sunday will require calm heads and if he sends the players out too wound up you can be sure one of them will end up with a red card.

Aye, Alan Smith

Guest The_Optimistic

I just heard they are looking for volunteers to place red and white cards on the seats for the game.  Looks like they are trying to replicate the atomsphere we created

I just heard they are looking for volunteers to place red and white cards on the seats for the game.  Looks like they are trying to replicate the atomsphere we created

Anybody gonna volunteer and for a wind-up swap the red to black?

Guest The_Optimistic

Very concerned about Gyan, Bent and Welbeck coming at our stand-off defence.

Bent is poor at the moment but I agree with Welbeck.

Yeah. He needs to realise that the post match wind up at SJP was done by some maverick DJ and was not the manager's request.

He is behaving a bit silly and seems to be losing it - definitely not what a professional manager should be saying before such an important match.

Guest The_Optimistic

Isn't he injured though? streched off in their last game?

I think you're right, it will be Bent and Gyan up front, from what Ive heard they are not playing together very well, too alike some Mackems say.

Isn't he injured though? streched off in their last game?

I think you're right, it will be Bent and Gyan up front, from what Ive heard they are not playing together very well, too alike some Mackems say.

Racist bastards!  :tickedoff: