Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347372/Newcastle-striker-light-Alan-Pardew-targets-win-derby-Sunderland.html

As Pardew took his players through their penultimate training session, Carrolls obvious replacement Shola Ameobi turned his ankle again, and was withdrawn immediately from the practice starting line-up.

Ameobi made way for Peter Lovenkrands but returned gingerly on the opposite side before the end of the session.

He will be put through his paces again today before Pardew decides if he can partner Leon Best.

f***

Christ.

Guest Wearside

I can honestly see us getting tonked by a scoreline along that seen in October. We've got nothing in central mid and nothing upfront, the ball will just keep coming at us wave after wave and I don't think we've got it in us to keep it out of the net for 90mins.

We need a miracle, a helping hand, hopefully an early sending off from being too pumped up but I think the crowd will frighten the ref from making any decision like that justified or not.

That won't happen,we very rarely "tonk" teams and despite having a good home record our biggest win this season has been 3-0 so hardly a tonking.

I don't think their will be much in it personally,you need to remember both teams have big injury problems to key players.

Guest Wearside

Who's mising for your lot, mate?

The only players definetly out are Meyler,Mensah,Turner and Campbell but IMO no chance Welbeck will play,Cattermole is highly doubtful and would be surprised if he played,Onouha is fit now though and will probably play.

Based on the training photos, I think it'll be:

Harper

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Barton Smith Nolan Jonas

Best Ameobi*

*Lovenkrands if injured

I can honestly see us getting tonked by a scoreline along that seen in October. We've got nothing in central mid and nothing upfront, the ball will just keep coming at us wave after wave and I don't think we've got it in us to keep it out of the net for 90mins.

We need a miracle, a helping hand, hopefully an early sending off from being too pumped up but I think the crowd will frighten the ref from making any decision like that justified or not.

That won't happen,we very rarely "tonk" teams and despite having a good home record our biggest win this season has been 3-0 so hardly a tonking.

I don't think their will be much in it personally,you need to remember both teams have big injury problems to key players.

The Stevenage game frightens me though, we knew they'd be in our faces at a high tempo and we couldn't cope, if you do that for the entire game then the scoreline could be embarrassing. I hope i'm wrong, I hope were up for it and can compete but right now it feels that Pardew only has one gameplan and thats hoof it upfront which will result in conceded possession time and time again and allowing you to attack.

I'd have a smile as wide as the Tyne if we could get a draw out of this, but can only see one winner and its not us.

harper

simpson  williamson    coloccini    enrique

routledge    barton        nolan      jonas

ameobi      best

Our team is so weak there and I really wonder how we'll get anything from this game. i fear a tonking so a narrow defeat is fair enough (would be ecstatic with a draw). but our players will never give up like theirs did - enrique, barton and nolan won't let heads drop. our fans won't desert the team either. steve bruce is so wound up, i fear for him a little bit because he's obsessed with this revenge factor....unhealthily so. and for a mackem, would a simple 1-0 win be classed as revenge?

For me, theres four problems: missing tiote/carroll, their home form, having to play two of routledge/smith/guthrie/best and the revenge factor.

part of me visualises a 3-0 defeat but still winning on 'aggregate'. but sensibly, we're talking 2-1 to sunderland.

The Stevenage game frightens me though, we knew they'd be in our faces at a high tempo and we couldn't cope, if you do that for the entire game then the scoreline could be embarrassing. I hope i'm wrong, I hope were up for it and can compete but right now it feels that Pardew only has one gameplan and thats hoof it upfront which will result in conceded possession time and time again and allowing you to attack.

I'd have a smile as wide as the Tyne if we could get a draw out of this, but can only see one winner and its not us.

The Stevenage game only frightens me from the perspective of Pardew's crap team selection. Anyone with half a brain could pick a better balanced side.

Guest Wearside

harper

ameobi      best

Our team is so weak there and I really wonder how we'll get anything from this game. i fear a tonking so a narrow defeat is fair enough (would be ecstatic with a draw). but our players will never give up like theirs did - enrique, barton and nolan won't let heads drop. our fans won't desert the team either. steve bruce is so wound up, i fear for him a little bit because he's obsessed with this revenge factor....unhealthily so. and for a mackem, would a simple 1-0 win be classed as revenge?

For me, theres four problems: missing tiote/carroll, their home form, having to play two of routledge/smith/guthrie/best and the revenge factor.

part of me visualises a 3-0 defeat but still winning on 'aggregate'. but sensibly, we're talking 2-1 to sunderland.

I would be over the moon with 1-0,the last time I checked it's still the same points as winning 5-1. ;)

harper

routledge    barton        nolan       jonas

ameobi       best

He got a hatrick the game before last, man. Maybe gives him confidence at least?

harper

ameobi      best

He got a hatrick the game before last, man. Maybe gives him confidence at least?

maybe its the start of a great career, maybe its a fluke.

im going with fluke.

A Mackem appeared in my local tonight,I hadn't seen/smelt him before but he knew me before the gaffer,my mate and supplier to the Holte season ticket for our relegation,introduced me.My spirits lifted as I took the piss so much so that after I answered the question,"What time does it start Sunday," I replied that for me ,superiority over a town of three fingered inbreds remained intact whatever happened,and that the previous Derby started at 5 to 1.I then put 3 Nolans records on the jukebox,and commented that it was a shame the Ameobi sisters never got the recording deal they deserved.

The night was complete when Mackem's wife attempted to kiss me in the foyer,as I was piss corner bound,for me to back away saying that I knew where she'd been. :lol:

nerves starting to kick in now. still feel like the pressure is all on them. cant see it being worse than a 2-0 defeat, even then i can see Bruce wiping any credibility the mackems' team make for themselves with his obsession with 'revenge' and his fixation with the songs played. 

Guest TheSummerOf69

harper

simo  willo    colo    jose

smith    

barton    nolan       jonas

shola    best

And - providing Pardew subs Smith once he's on a booking - we'll win 2-1. Wahay!

"Cheer up FatFace Bruce..."

A Mackem appeared in my local tonight,I hadn't seen/smelt him before but he knew me before the gaffer,my mate and supplier to the Holte season ticket for our relegation,introduced me.My spirits lifted as I took the piss so much so that after I answered the question,"What time does it start Sunday," I replied that for me ,superiority over a town of three fingered inbreds remained intact whatever happened,and that the previous Derby started at 5 to 1.I then put 3 Nolans records on the jukebox,and commented that it was a shame the Ameobi sisters never got the recording deal they deserved.

The night was complete when Mackem's wife attempted to kiss me in the foyer,as I was piss corner bound,for me to back away saying that I knew where she'd been. :lol:

was that a dream?