Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Hopefully Pardew's not telling Smith to show some "grit" or "passion" because you know where that will lead.

Just need to keep it tight, hassle them, ride it out until they start getting desperate.  We can get a goal or 2 from set pieces, Carroll or no Carroll.  Would be delighted with a 1-1 and that's what I'm predicting.  Heart's undoubtedly ruling head there though. :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Smith just needs to play it safe, and simple. Collect the ball, pass it forward. None of this stupid hard man shit, diving about, pointing fingers everywhere.

Need a big, big performance from Kevin Nolan today. Not necessarily as a goalscorer either.

I wonder if it's actually worth having him not go forward as much just so he can at least try to make a nuisance of himself defensively, and help Smith out. Then just rely on Barton, Gutierrez, Best and Shola to try and make things happen. Nolan has to be more disciplined today for sure.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Why do the BBC have a picture of Welbeck celebrating when he's not playing?

And didn't do anything at all in the last derby.

Is there anybody in the world who actually enjoys derby day?  Both forums full of terror and people desperate for nowts each :)

Quite enjoyed the last one tbh.

I remember the nerves before that....never felt it before! Still, dreading 10mins time

Is there anybody in the world who actually enjoys derby day?  Both forums full of terror and people desperate for nowts each :)

I remember the nerves before that....never felt it before! Still, dreading 10mins time

Luckily I was as drunk as I'd every been before the last match so forgot to feel nervous.

is there a radio station that are broadcasting the match that i can listen to on the internet or anything? bbc newcastle still doing that thing where it cuts out at kick off? the one time you need a radio, you dont have one!

Nope no online radio

The Nolan-Smith combination in midfield again... should I even bother to watch this?

Is this true?

Tell me its not please.

We must have some young members of the playing staff who can actually run, why have we gone for the failed 'no legs formula once again.

I wont be following this now, defeat guaranteed.

:D

Were you looking forward to it, though, or hoping for a no score bore draw just so we didn't lose..?

O no I hated it, wasn't convinced we'd win until Bramble got sent off either.