FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are totally screwed for the next three games without Tiote in midfield. So if Saylor is also ot we are looking at:

Simpson  Willi  Colo   Enrique

Smith/

Barton  Guthrie Nolan  Jonas

Please do not play Smith. Although Guthrie has been poor this season thus far, he has been good centrally at times in the past and although far from ideal is by far the better option.

The only other option is to play a defender there. Colo or Enrique could do a temorary job possibly but we need them in defence..... But if Pardew does the unthinkable and plays Smith AND Nolan together again in midfield we are so in the s*** come Sunday.

Could we sign anyone that can play there? .... Larsson is a right winger i know... could he fill in alongside Nolan?

So have we established that after this three match ban, he will face another two match ban after two more yellows? If we're going to work on Sewelly's ''it's inevitable Tiote will get booked'' theory we'll have Cheiky for maximum 11 more games this season?

I never said it's inevitable he'll pick them up every game without fail. I said it's inevitable he'll pick up some yellow cards. If he avoided yellows every game that would mean for example he'd shirk the opportunity to make a professional foul at a crucial time. The best players in the world at his position pick up yellow cards, it's part and parcel of the position. If he was coming out of a season with say less than 5 yellows then IMO he's simply not applying himself at the highest level.

He's actively involved for 90 minutes, making challenges, pressuring the ball covering miles of ground in the process. He is going to pick up yellow cards, however overall it will win us more points than it will cost us and is a good thing. Maybe he could have a few less, but then I think he's been harshly done by for about half of his cards so he's already at an acceptable level.

There aren't many refs who would own up to a f***-up,though

I think Howard Webb would have willingly given De Jong a retrospective Red Card (and Ban) for the kung-fu kick that he was shielded from seeing during the World Cup.  He said after the game that he was shielded from the actual kick and could guess at what happened but couldn't be sure.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lock it move on

Fact of the matter is he is banned.

It will be even sweeter when we beat the bastards without our best player

Regardless of whether anybody thinks it ought to be a red, by the way in which the laws of tackles are interpreted, any professional player would know that if you jump aggressively into a tackle like that, the odds are you will get a red. Tiote's action was unprofessional at the very least.

The appeal seemed to rest on technicalities - that the trailing foot was on the ground and that he got the ball. I was pretty sure though that the FA would not uphold the appeal because it would set a bad precedent. It was still a very risky tackle and not the kind that can be encouraged.

I don't think the rules need an upgrade so much as the referees do. You can count on about one hand the good ones in this country.

I agree that we need a better standard of referee, but even the best referees in the world make mistakes.

You need a system in place for when they make these mistakes, which is the why the rules need changing. As things stand, mistakes can't be rectified in most cases.

Footy wud be less intresting den tho.

:laugh:

I do love when that argument is given like :lol: I can't imagine what barrel of laughs we'd have missed if Viduka's goal against Fulham wasn't chalked off and we stayed up.

:lol: this.

Worst cliche ever tbh

Guest Heneage

Disappointed.

Thought he stood a chance albeit slight

Big loss.

You were 95% sure it would be overturned on the first page. :laugh:

Not the only one rewriting history mind.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1PumUUB2RXc/SQufQReluWI/AAAAAAAAAAw/H_cvZV10-T0/s400/josesun.jpg

Shut up Dave.

Even if deemed a red, I still think three games is excessive when there is clear intent to get the ball and nothing else.

There's nothing they can do in that respect though is there? (No idea)

Surely it's either red and three match ban, or not red and no ban.

Either Atkinson or Marriner should be penilised here for not knowing the rules to be honest, a system where one referee can deem De Jong's leg breaker as not even a foul, and another referee can deem Tiote's challenge as a straight red is just fucking silly. Nobody seems to know the rules, least of all the fucking FA.