John Carver

Guest neesy111

Newcastle United manager John Carver speaking to BBC match of the Day: "I'm devastated, I'm annoyed. I needed five to 10 minutes to calm down. Our guys gave every inch. But when you play Man Utd you have to concentrate for every minute and we didn't.

"I think we had the best chances and you have to put one of those away. You just wonder if they will hit you on the sucker punch and they did.

"I'm devastated for our guys. The goal at the end the way it came, young Abeid has learned a harsh lesson, he is learning the game.

On Newcastle's first-half penalty shout: "It was a penalty. Mr Taylor has a decision to make. At the time I thought it was and usually your gut instinct is right."

On alleged spitting between Papiss Cisse and Jonny Evans: "I haven't seen it."

If it has happened is that something you will act on? "You can't do it can you, it's one of the worst things in football. I can't comment on it, I just know there was a fracas on the halfway line."

I'd love to hear the way he pronounced fracas

:lol: Exactly what I said yesterday when I read that on my phone.

Just noticed we average the fewest number of offsides per game by a large margin. Ordinarily you'd be pleased to avoid being caught offside but it so clear that the tactics we employ are so stilted (and our players so neutered and/or apathetic) we've stopped even making attacking runs that would end up offside.

1 West Ham 66

2 Everton 66

3 Southampton 63

4 Manchester City 63

5 Liverpool 60

6 Swansea 60

7 Manchester United 59

8 Chelsea 58

9 Sunderland 55

10 Stoke 53

11 Crystal Palace 53

12 Aston Villa 52

13 Queens Park Rangers 52

14 Burnley 50

15 Hull 50

16 West Bromwich Albion 49

17 Tottenham 47

18 Arsenal 46

19 Leicester 39

20 Newcastle United 28

Just noticed we average the fewest number of offsides per game by a large margin. Ordinarily you'd be pleased to avoid being caught offside but it so clear that the tactics we employ are so stilted (and our players so neutered and/or apathetic) we've stopped even making attacking runs that would end up offside.

1 West Ham 66

2 Everton 66

3 Southampton 63

4 Manchester City 63

5 Liverpool 60

6 Swansea 60

7 Manchester United 59

8 Chelsea 58

9 Sunderland 55

10 Stoke 53

11 Crystal Palace 53

12 Aston Villa 52

14 Burnley 50

15 Hull 50

17 Tottenham 47

18 Arsenal 46

19 Leicester 39

20 Newcastle United 28

Doesn't help that Jack Colback can't make forward passes like.

Charver games in charge; 8 points, 10 goals scored, 15 against, -5 goal difference.

Reverse fixtures 14/15

Pardew for the same games; 7 points, 9 goals scored, 17 against, -8 goal difference.

PROGRESS!!!

Charver games in charge; 8 points, 10 goals scored, 15 against, -5 goal difference.

Reverse fixtures 14/15

Pardew for the same games; 7 points, 9 goals scored, 17 against, -8 goal difference.

PROGRESS!!!

thought i would never say this but i fink Pardew would have had us firing against Manure more than Charver had ,our football has imho gone backwards like our passes :suicide:

thought i would never say this but i fink Pardew would have had us firing against Manure more than Charver had ,our football has imho gone backwards like our passes :suicide:

Agreed, when I was watching last night I was just thinking that I wished Pardew was around to get us going like he did last season at home to Man U.

Agreed, when I was watching last night I was just thinking that I wished Pardew was around to get us going like he did last season at home to Man U.

we all knew this might happen if pardew went though, we could have another season of this shite and probably relegation to look forward to but it's still better than the coma we were in under pardew imho

Carver wont last, man.  Pardew had the 5th place and his bullshit to hide behind, Carver is too thick to even convince Chronicle readers he'd do a decent job. No Cisse to bail him out in the next seven games either.

Carver wont last, man.  Pardew had the 5th place and his bullshit to hide behind, Carver is too thick to even convince Chronicle readers he'd do a decent job. No Cisse to bail him out in the next seven games either.

this is how i feel about it tbh, i think he's done come the summer (as a head coach, obviously they'll not pay him off to leave)

This season i am getting at as we have had some good results against the so called elite teams but i wanted Pardew gone as much as anyone and glad he is ,our football is worse no imho with a man in charge out of his depth

1 West Ham 66

2 Everton 66

3 Southampton 63

4 Manchester City 63

5 Liverpool 60

6 Swansea 60

7 Manchester United 59

8 Chelsea 58

9 Sunderland 55

10 Stoke 53

11 Crystal Palace 53

12 Aston Villa 52

14 Burnley 50

15 Hull 50

17 Tottenham 47

18 Arsenal 46

19 Leicester 39

20 Newcastle United 28

Doesn't help that Jack Colback can't make forward passes like.

Think back to the Bellamy, Dyer, Solano, Robert days and the above makes you even more sick!

Sterile football at its absolute worst now.

Cisse's ban could potentially be the difference with him not getting the job beyond the end of the season.

Reckon we can kick start a social media campaign to get Sissoko and Ayoze to spit at each other during the Everton game?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2981041/HOT-NOT-Steven-Gerrard-s-special-song-John-Carver-talking-b-cks-Ian-Poulter-goes-wet-wild.html

DUGOUT HONESTY

John Carver may not last long at Newcastle so let's enjoy him. Fan on Wednesday: 'Obertan is rubbish. Why don't you b****ck him?'. Carver: 'I have bloody b****cked him!!!'. Obertan – standing 10 yards away – chose not to contribute.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2981041/HOT-NOT-Steven-Gerrard-s-special-song-John-Carver-talking-b-cks-Ian-Poulter-goes-wet-wild.html

DUGOUT HONESTY

John Carver may not last long at Newcastle so let's enjoy him. Fan on Wednesday: 'Obertan is rubbish. Why don't you b****ck him?'. Carver: 'I have bloody b****cked him!!!'. Obertan – standing 10 yards away – chose not to contribute.

:lol: Obertan just standing there like :okay: