John Carver

Guest neesy111

No professional who takes himself seriously would walk into that situation. Can't see someone like McClaren agreeing to it either.

McLaren would be all over the toon job like mackems on cheesy chips man.

Quite how the club could even contemplate keeping Charver on, even as a coach, after the way he has prostituted himself in order to get the job himself I don't know. How is any new manager (yeah right) supposed to be able to trust him, even before getting into how useless he is and not being allowed a backroom staff clearance to bring in their own tried and tested team?

Quite how the club could even contemplate keeping Charver on, even as a coach, after the way he has prostituted himself in order to get the job himself I don't know. How is any new manager (yeah right) supposed to be able to trust him, even before getting into how useless he is and not being allowed a backroom staff clearance to bring in their own tried and tested team?

He will be the clubs go to man behind the managers back, proper little ratface what he is.

No professional who takes himself seriously would walk into that situation. Can't see someone like McClaren agreeing to it either.

McLaren would be all over the toon job like mackems on cheesy chips man.

I dunno, he has quite a good job, and the coaching situation is ridiculous.

8 year contract. He's going nowhere. Even if he ends up being an expensive boot boy.

If they've handed out these 8 year contracts without get out clauses they are even more stupid than I thought.

I imagine they've got some clauses, but I bet the clause isn't "person can be released for £0", and anything north of £0 is too rich for Mike's blood.

Some wonderful lad in the NUFC Facebook group posted about how he wants Ashley to 'back Carver with investment' to make him fulltime, and how Kevin Keegan (???) needs to swallow his pride and become Assistant Manager to Carver.

With fans like these...

Some wonderful lad in the NUFC Facebook group posted about how he wants Ashley to 'back Carver with investment' to make him fulltime, and how Kevin Keegan (???) needs to swallow his pride and become Assistant Manager to Carver.

With fans like these...

Has to be a wind up man.  :lol: :lol:

With fans like these...

Has to be a wind up man.  :lol: :lol:

It must've been, I hope it is. The comments at least were going off at him, so hopefully all is not lost.

If they've handed out these 8 year contracts without get out clauses they are even more stupid than I thought.

The 8 year contracts for the coaching staff were always a ridiculous idea regardless of the personnel involved.  Ferguson regularly changed his coaches - you need new ideas and a freshness to the coaching even if the manager stays in place.  To plan to keep such a small number of coaches and a manager together for 8 years meant that inevitably thing things would go stale and the team would become very predictable.

It shows a total lack of football knowledge.

The 8 year contracts for the coaching staff were always a ridiculous idea regardless of the personnel involved.  Ferguson regularly changed his coaches - you need new ideas and a freshness to the coaching even if the manager stays in place.  To plan to keep such a small number of coaches and a manager together for 8 years meant that inevitably thing things would go stale and the team would become very predictable.

You don't need freshness when you have the honesty and bravery a man like John Carver brings to table.

Im almost done with whats left of nufc.

It's painful when you start coming to this realization. We are being taken the p*ss out of, and most of us choose to sit and take it. Carver has nothing of substance about him, and nor do most of our players. The owner doesn;t give a s***, and we have absolute morons like Ryder writing about us thinking his words are influential. I don't buy the whole "didn't have a choice but to support NUFC because I'm from the area" thing. There are plenty of Geordies out there with no interest in football. We all make a choice at some point in our lives, for a reason or another to support NUFC, Geordies or not. It almost feels as though these reasons are vanishing one by one with every embarrassing episode.

Guest antz1uk

It will have been greed and greed alone, expecting some buffoon to want t come and poach them, shows just how little knowledge the fat man has if he ever thought anyone would want to poach any of these 3rd rate muppets

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-vs-newcastle-john-carver-5449061

A win [against Sunderland] would bolster Carver's claim to the top job, but what if a new coach is appointed in the summer? Would he step back down to being an assistant.

His managerial ambitions are strong, but he said: “I have five years left on my assistant manager's eight-year contract, so when this role runs out I can go back to that.

“That is still there, to kick in if I don't get this full time - I have a job if I become assistant again. But I want this job full-time, so I am not thinking about that.

“I am 50 now. I want to be a manager, and this is the right age.

"I will stay here [at Newcastle] unless something remarkable comes up.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-vs-newcastle-john-carver-5449061

A win [against Sunderland] would bolster Carver's claim to the top job, but what if a new coach is appointed in the summer? Would he step back down to being an assistant.

His managerial ambitions are strong, but he said: “I have five years left on my assistant manager's eight-year contract, so when this role runs out I can go back to that.

“That is still there, to kick in if I don't get this full time - I have a job if I become assistant again. But I want this job full-time, so I am not thinking about that.

“I am 50 now. I want to be a manager, and this is the right age.

"I will stay here [at Newcastle] unless something remarkable comes up.”

Lol who the f*** is this c*** kidding

Deluded nutter.