John Carver

Guest neesy111

You'd think that even though Charnley and his dimwits are in charge of getting the new man, that if they did opt for Carver, that Ashley would have the sense to be like hell no!

Only Mike Ashley could make a public statement about investment and ambition then appoint a disaster zone like Carver the following week. The cheek of the fella.

It's really quite an incredible thought.

The man's record as a manager in English football.

Played 28

Won 6

Drawn 4

Lost 19

He managed to get as many points as he did defeats in his spell at the end of this year. (13)

Yet they'll probably put him in charge , spend millions rebuilding the team and leave it in the hands of this lumbering dimwit. :lol:

Adds up to 29.

10am been and gone. Guess it was bollocks.

He said the meeting was at 10am not the announcement. You know newcastle could be announced anytime, might not even be announced

The worry is that Charnley and Ashley don't really know what they're looking at when they're watching a game.  He could quite easily convince them that results have been shit because the squad is crippled with underinvestment - which it is.  Mike and Lee can't look at these games and realise that Perez should be starting or that Ryan Taylor shouldn't be in midfield, that it's possible to get more - or less - out of players of any level of skill depending on how they're utilised and managed.  They just see blokes running around, the ball pinging around the field and eventually ending up in one goal or the other based on who has the better players and the most luck.  Investment might end up being worse than no investment if that money is given to Carver to buy players he then ruins, demoralises and doesn't get the best out of, meaning that whoever comes in next has to put up with tighter purse strings.

so does anyone know if this "rumoured" meeting that was taking place this morning to confirm his appointment took place? :crazy2:

ryder was tweeting some s*** about him having a meeting to 'sell himself' to charnley today or something along those lines...couldn't bring myself to read it tbh

suppose it's not beyond the realms of possibility that carver is telling people he's got a meeting to confirm the job is his when in reality they're hauling him in to tell him it won't be....would explain the ITK bollocks

Knowing how delusional Carver is, this is what I'm pinning my hopes to.

The worry is that Charnley and Ashley don't really know what they're looking at when they're watching a game.  He could quite easily convince them that results have been shit because the squad is crippled with underinvestment - which it is.  Mike and Lee can't look at these games and realise that Perez should be starting or that Ryan Taylor shouldn't be in midfield, that it's possible to get more - or less - out of players of any level of skill depending on how they're utilised and managed.  They just see blokes running around, the ball pinging around the field and eventually ending up in one goal or the other based on who has the better players and the most luck.  Investment might end up being worse than no investment if that money is given to Carver to buy players he then ruins, demoralises and doesn't get the best out of, meaning that whoever comes in next has to put up with tighter purse strings.

can you imagine being at the club for 15 years or whatever charnley's been there and not being able to sit in the stand and realise the manager is producing utter shite, wtf?

I genuinely think the job was basically his before the disastrous run, but surely, surely they can't give it to him now??

The reason he's still here in the first place is that we don't bother with a back-up plan.  We hadn't even considered the possibility Pardew would leave, we probably didn't plan for what we'd do if Carver was this disastrous and by now we probably can't be bothered to throw something together.

Why does everyone suddenly think it's gonna be Carver? Has he said something?

Some ITK said he'll get the job today, apparently there was a meeting at 10.

Cheers man :thup: I'm choosing to ignore it.

whatever happens with this knacker is really the wrong point of focus anyway, charnley should have been sacked immediately as a statement of intent about failure and a new guy brought in who will make the decision about carver

with charnley above whoever we're always going to be in amateur land

:lol: Like when you pretend to push someone in a lake or out a window as a kid and then pull them back "Tell yer mam I saved your life! '

:lol: what sort of f***ing childhood did you have?

Apparently it is an actual thing :lol:

Didn't everyone do that? 'Tell ya mother I saved your life, but don't tell her I pushed you'.

Next you'll be denying that anyone has ever crouched down behind someone in order to let someone else push them over you.

80s/early 90s school playground japes man, or as the youth of today would put it 'top bantz'

:lol: did it many a time, even do it to the kids now although it times they way they behave I feel like letting them fall in. Does that make me a bad parent?

:lol: Like when you pretend to push someone in a lake or out a window as a kid and then pull them back "Tell yer mam I saved your life! '

Didn't everyone do that? 'Tell ya mother I saved your life, but don't tell her I pushed you'.

Next you'll be denying that anyone has ever crouched down behind someone in order to let someone else push them over you.

80s/early 90s school playground japes man, or as the youth of today would put it 'top bantz'

:lol: did it many a time, even do it to the kids now. Does that make me a bad parent?

just a sociopath probably

:lol: did it many a time, even do it to the kids now. Does that make me a bad parent?

just a sociopath probably

Sorry edited it so probably worse now :lol:

Simon bird reckons carver wants an answer by tomorrow as he goes on holiday so maybe know more by then

spends 4 months begging for a job he's not qualified for, gets it on secondment and fails miserably, tells employer he must know the outcome of the permanent position on his terms 'cause he's going on holiday

wonder how that'd go for the rest of us?

Simon bird reckons carver wants an answer by tomorrow as he goes on holiday so maybe know more by then

We can give him the answer today, no need to wait 24 hrs. Fuck off John. You're done.

The cheek of this guy giving ultimatums, so he can go on holiday  :lol:

I swear if this man gets the job, and he isn't run out of town by a ravenous mob, than forget this life!