John Carver

Guest neesy111

Guest Gino14

Carver doesn't have a single clue.

I've heard of keeping a narrow shape but his idea of narrow is ridiculous. Our pressing is consistently a joke. We can't mark from set-pieces. Can't even take a kick-off. This is Sunday league stuff.

This is what's laughable about everything in the media now.  We're getting told the fans are to blame, the fans wanted Pardew out, the fans haven't got behind Carver.  It's so backwards it's untrue.  Every fan you could ever speak to knew that Carver was a relegation risk, even with the points tally he inherited.  It's not like we all didn't see this coming.  The only people who thought Carver was the right man, were journalists, pundits and the people running our shell of a club.  I've never spoken to a fan yet who thought it was a good idea.  Toronto and Leeds fans popping up with opinions on comments sections saying things like "We warned you he was rubbish" as if we didn't already know.

If instead of blaming the fans, the club had actually listened, we'd have Garde or someone of his ilk in charge.  We'd also have a couple more players in key positions, with Santon and Yanga Mbiwa still in the squad.  That would all have been achieved with about 25m still in the bank.  If those things had been done, as every single fan insisted they should have been, we'd have been closer to someone like Swansea now than we would relegation.  Appointing Carver is up there with the most idiotic decisions ever made in Football.  It's a decision made in contempt and hubris, by men who think they're so far above us they believe they're looking down on us from space.

I think you've taken general consensus on here as what the "fans" want. IMO the fans wanted a professional football club manager who could take the team forward. Nobody thought Carver would be that man. Same with the transfers. Neither MYM or Santon set the world on fire but we expect first team players to be replaced... with first team players. Either keep them, or replace them properly. We did neither. Even if we just spent the modest fees we received we would be in much better shape.

I know the people on here don't always represent all fans in general, but every single newspaper poll going was a 97% no on wanting Carver, so things like that were a definite fan consensus across the board.  Most fans knew we needed players and a competent manager, wherever you looked.  That's all the owner and chairman had to listen to, even if they didn't listen to the people trying to more deeply analyse the club.  The club has done the exact opposite and treated all fans with contempt.  If they start finally getting grief from the people in the stands, with others not turning up, it just shows the ill treatment has finally started to permeate right through all levels of the fanbase.

What is the general fan consensus if, and we will be, relegated? Surely people wouldn't go to games after Ashley did this a second time, right?

Oh yes they would.

Utterly disingenuous, as you'd expect from Sky and the BBC.

He was talking about remaining positive and maintaining an optimistic outlook in our current plight.

He said, "I still think I'm the best coach in the Premier League. Thats what I think. And there's nothing wrong with that."

Would still be better if he STFU, like.