John Carver

Guest neesy111

Okay ... so yesterday was fun, but we really didn't play decent football at all. Good result though. Mostly down to Hull being very generous.

I'm trying to stay as glass-half-full as possible, so I'm not going to say anything negative about a 3-0 victory away from home. I want to give Carver a clean slate (I think others should try to, too, for their own sanity, difficult though it would be). That's a very promising game and I badly want another six points from the next two games.

Clean slate yorkie?

Are we completely disregarding his pathetic show in the cup?

4 mysterious injuries and all :lol:

Carver can f*** off, yesterday was more luck than judgement.

All of our goals came from outside the area ffs, does anyone remember us actually creating anything?

ayoze had two chances off the top of my head.

Okay ... so yesterday was fun, but we really didn't play decent football at all. Good result though. Mostly down to Hull being very generous.

I'm trying to stay as glass-half-full as possible, so I'm not going to say anything negative about a 3-0 victory away from home. I want to give Carver a clean slate (I think others should try to, too, for their own sanity, difficult though it would be). That's a very promising game and I badly want another six points from the next two games.

Clean slate yorkie?

All of our goals came from outside the area ffs, does anyone remember us actually creating anything?

The header in the first half sure. Would call it a half chance though personally.

Can't remember the other one.

Clean slate yorkie?

The header in the first half sure. Would call it a half chance though personally.

got in front of the centre half,  hit it at the keeper. cabella also played sissoko in but he tried to cross, not sure why he didn't strike it.

Clean slate yorkie?

got in front of the centre half,  hit it at the keeper. cabella also played sissoko in but he tried to cross, not sure why he didn't strike it.

You know its slim pickings when your counting the sissoko one :lol:

Clean slate yorkie?

???

he was in a load of space and should have done better, it was a chance no?

Clean slate yorkie?

???

he was in a load of space and should have done better, it was a chance no?

I suppose 3 chances of note isn't exactly a flood though.

Personally, I would have Pérez instead of Sammy with cisse up top. When abeid and de Jong are fully fit we will have some Competition for places ( obermong and rolands too).

With all fit:

Krul

Janmaat.    Colo.      Dummet.  Haidara

Abeid.        Sissoko

Cabella.        De Jong.        Ayoze

Cisse

Personally, I would have Pérez instead of Sammy with cisse up top. When abeid and de Jong are fully fit we will have some Competition for places ( obermong and rolands too).

With all fit:

Krul

Abeid.        Sissoko

Cisse

:thup:

With all fit:

Krul

Abeid.        Sissoko

Cisse

Everyone in that attacking midfield 3 wants to take up central positions, i'm not sure how that would work in action. Hopefully Carver gives it a go.

I'm not interested in giving Carver a clean slate, though I'm sure if we get another couple of wins a lot of people will be jumping on the Chronicle bandwagon with the "Let's get behind Geordie John" banner. We'll win games just because of players like Cabella, Sissoko, Perez and Cisse, it's got very little to do with the manager.

It would be nice to think we want to appoint a well rated coach who could take us on to the next level rather than promoting janitors and local layabouts who can't get a job elsewhere.

^ thats's the way. Allow Cabella and Ayoze to drift in an out and Ayoze being a striker, he should be able to pinch in better. Haidara and Janmaat bombing up and down the wings and Abeid maintaining the most discipline in positional sense in the front 6.

I'm not giving Carver a clean slate, however I'm feeling in a better position to just let him get on with it and support the team than I was with he who shall not be named. I have a better feeling about the team, the style of play is less rigid and the movement has improved I.e. We have some now. Plenty of room for improvement and maybe it's just a good feeling from the win but I've not even had one of those for a couple of years.

Happy to let Carver get on in his interim role and I'll deal with the permanent head coach issue as and when it arrives, it just feels good to be able to enjoy a bit of football again.

At least we tried to attack :lol: which is more than I can say for Pardew's tenure but yeah the glaringly obvious lack of decent coaching and tactical acumen is obvious.

I do think we're overrating Abeid a tad, mind. Certainly looks like one for the future but I don't think I'd be starting him now.

Given the absolute dross we have in midfield I would.

I don't think Sissoko, de Jong, Colback and Anita are dross, personally.