John Carver

Guest neesy111

I think I've gone from being the most optimistic I've been in a couple of years, to the most apathetic I've ever been.

It's not even Carver himself, really. It's the fact that his appointment is the very last nail in the 'care' coffin. They absolutely do not give one solitary s*** about which way the football club goes. I don't hate Carver but everything about him just screams out-of-his-depth, this in spite of the fact he's been involved in the club during its most successful spells during my lifetime. He shouldn't be anywhere near the manager position but I don't blame him for wanting it.

I don't respect him, like, in the same way I had no respect for Pardew for being a patsy - cos Carver is simply coming across desperate, and making comments like some of those there almost look like he knows he's never good enough. It doesn't matter though, he could still easily get it permanently.

A farcical situation and one if the biggest mockeries they've made of the club since they got here. There is no respect from the board towards the club as a footballing entity.

I'm putting off this conclusion until the summer, but it's looking like it's going to get impossible to even pretend there's any point in us.

Couldn't agree more. Wind back a couple of weeks and it looked as if there was a glimmer of a sensible decision being made: a real manager with future plans and an all round joined up thought process on playing style, recruitment and retention of players.

Now the reality is biting. It's just so fucking predictanle and disheartening. more fool me for being conned again by this lot. I feel used...again.

Well done to those who knew that it was all smoke and mirrors, and were pointing it out to those of us who dared to dream...again.

When this happens that's me out.

I've already stopped going but we are rotten to the core and when Charver is appointed that's the end.

NUFC in it's current disgusting, rotten, corrupt and pointless guise will be dead to me.

There's just no point anymore.

I would say the one thing that warms the cockles of my heart is that the feeling towards Charver has been consistent and absolute, right from the get-go. Even Ian W is on the right side of history, right off the bat.

I would say the one thing that warms the cockles of my heart is that the feeling towards Charver has been consistent and absolute, right from the get-go. Even Ian W is on the right side of history, right off the bat.

Even online polls (discounting the mackem factor) are more or less unanimous which means the tide is likely to turn quicker this time and with more gusto.

Not true.

Newcastle striker Papiss Sissoko 'going nowhere,' says John Carver

Great news from ESPN

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/newcastle-united/story/2272579/newcastle-striker-papiss-sissoko-going-nowhere,-says-john-carver

I can imagine John going through previous headlines and writing them down in his notebook to use in press conferences.

JC: Papiss is going nowhere!

Journo: Could you expand on that John?

JC: Papiss Cisse is happy on Tyneside.

Journo: and..

JC: Papiss is fit for Hull clash

Doubt JC could be any more jobs-for-the-boys. I think my whole future as a Newcastle fan hinges on him miraculously being a great manager. Then his demeanour would be likeable. At the moment you're replacing 'likeable' with suicide-inducing, so he's got a way to go.

Things are similarly cordial with Lee Charnley; Carver and Newcastle’s managing director enjoy an excellent rapport. “I’ve not had a conversation with Mike [Ashley, Newcastle’s owner],” he said. “There’s no need because I’ve had more conversations with Lee Charnley than I’ve had with any of my family. He’s on the phone every minute of the day talking about all sorts of issues. There’s good dialogue, good communication.”

He's such a fucking kiss ass man.

Got to admit I thought he was just a thicket pleased to have a job where he can wear a tracksuit initially but it turns out he's dirty lickspittle seemingly like everyone else from days gone by. As I've said I genuinely hope he has a severe meltdown because of this.

Things are similarly cordial with Lee Charnley; Carver and Newcastle’s managing director enjoy an excellent rapport. “I’ve not had a conversation with Mike [Ashley, Newcastle’s owner],” he said. “There’s no need because I’ve had more conversations with Lee Charnley than I’ve had with any of my family. He’s on the phone every minute of the day talking about all sorts of issues. There’s good dialogue, good communication.”

He's such a fucking kiss ass man.

Or to put it another way - Since taking the job my family have stopped talking to me

Bruce was widely tipped to take over at Newcastle but it quickly became apparent he did not figure on the St James’ Park shortlist.

“This would have been Steve’s dream job, wouldn’t it?” Carver said. “I’ve had a few bottles of red wine with Steve.

That quote really shocked me, you could never tell by looking at the pair of them.

Bruce was widely tipped to take over at Newcastle but it quickly became apparent he did not figure on the St James’ Park shortlist.

“This would have been Steve’s dream job, wouldn’t it?” Carver said. “I’ve had a few bottles of red wine with Steve.

That quote really shocked me, you could never tell by looking at the pair of them.

Carver seems more of a snakebite man.