John Carver

Guest neesy111

Who in their right mind would look at a multi-million pound business like nufc and even for a moment consider that Carver was the right man to run the football-side of the business?  His track record in management is just disastrous but he's going to get the job because he doesn't rock the boat and because he allegedly understands the club (I'm not sure he truly understands reading and writing yet personally)

Giving Carviola this job would be like giving me the IT support role for the Internation Space Station.

"Sorry guys, accidentally swicthed off the oxygen"

But does your boss care if the astronauts can breathe?

Yes but only enough to survive.  Nothing extra.

Even with a great run from now until the end of the season, I wouldn't give him the job. Caretaker managers turned full time never works and this guy won't be the exception.

Are there even any rumors about other people coming in for the role? The entire reason you give Carver the season is so you can take your time searching for someone. Is everyone involved keeping some massive secret or is Carver just the manager now?

Are there even any rumors about other people coming in for the role? The entire reason you give Carver the season is so you can take your time searching for someone. Is everyone involved keeping some massive secret or is Carver just the manager now?

'In the event we need to appoint anyone else'

Ashley Translate.

'we are not appointing anyone else'

:lol: What exactly are they looking for in a manager, though? It's not wins.

Just someone who has more than 20 points on NYD IMO. so Carver will answer for that on Jan 2nd 2016.

Just someone who has more than 20 points on NYD IMO. so Carver will answer for that on Jan 2nd 2016.

:lol: Good lord what the fuck do we support.

:lol: Good lord what the fuck do we support.

:dontknow:

:lol: Good lord what the f*** do we support.

Money, we support Mike Ashley making money. 

If he's watching these Carver matches and he decides to hire him, the fucking team should be confiscated immediately. Isn't there a rule that you have to try and compete?

we need some news songs for the matches.

'Howay the quids'

'The Geordie Loot boys'

'I decided not to go to the Blaydon races on the 9th of June , cos the prize money wasn't worth competing for....'

Guest chopey

I can't think of any reason other than losing every game between now and the end of the season to why Carver wont get the job, he wont even need a new contract.

I can't think of any reason other than losing every game between now and the end of the season to why Carver wont get the job, he wont even need a new contract.

I honestly thought when he was given the role to the end of the season that he had to make the top 10 target to get the job full time, but I'm starting to agree with the majority now that he's got it whatever happens, there is just zero evidence pointing in the direction that the club are even planning to look outside in the summer.

If he's watching these Carver matches and he decides to hire him, the fucking team should be confiscated immediately. Isn't there a rule that you have to try and compete?

There is, but even saying openly that we don't want to compete in the cups wasn't enough to land these pricks in hot water.

At what point will the crowds at SJP turn on Charnley and the Fat One? Do we really think they will if this clown is appointed fulltime? It seems like people are happy just to exist and float about, accepting our mediocrity and making the regime richer by the day.

Few turned after relegation, and many have swallowed the shit they've fed us in the years since. I think it'd take the club looking like it was going to go bust for people to get truly pissed off at them enough to form a strong protest.

Carver's got it, no doubt. I feel stupid for not realising this back in January. It's the usual charade, waiting for anticipation and expectation to fizzle out. Suffocating the channels for opposition through PR management. It's what they always do.

Appointing Carver is like not sacking Pardew after last season. They'll wait until people have forgotten about the football, then do it. It's what they do with shit news before international friendlies and home games.

At what point will the crowds at SJP turn on Charnley and the Fat One? Do we really think they will if this clown is appointed fulltime? It seems like people are happy just to exist and float about, accepting our mediocrity and making the regime richer by the day.

Carviola getting the role full time will anger people, we will then see even more spin from the club.

Nearly every I know who has 'turned' has done so by packing it in. Reckon I could name at least 20 people who used to go but don't anymore.

The death will be quiet IMO, the people who care about the bigger picture will have to stop going to stay sane, so any protests will be stunted. We will limp along almost indefinitely with crowds going down to 40k-ish. Nobody will really notice unless we get relegated.

The nature of our decline has been a combination of an absolute ruler who is untouchable, a decline in expectations and more established fans going to far less games. Also younger fans coming in who don't know any different.

Apathy and ignorance are going to stop any serious revolts happening. I sort of feel like 'what's the point?' myself.

Guest Recoba

The thing is though, to state the blindingly obvious, Newcastle is not London.  There is a limited number of "events" to go to locally.  Watching Premier League football in a large stadium remains a big draw.  For example businesses who wish to entertain in Newcastle, where else do you take clients for a day out?

Gosforth Park has very little quality racing.  The Northumberland Plate is the biggest event the course has, but it is a handicap and not a Group race of any sort.  People enjoy the day out but it is not high quality action.

Kingston Park is periodically half empty, and does attract a different sort of supporter, but it does not feel like a big event in the same way a 50,000 full stadium does.

Whitley Warriors at the ice rink?  Newcastle Eagles at Northumbria Uni?  The dogs at Brough Park? 

Eddie Hearn is brining a (terrible) boxing card to Newcastle in April which will be live on Sky, headlined by a commonwealth title fight.  We rarely get decent boxing in Newcastle.

Obviously there are bands and stuff at the various venues, from your Nick Minaj at the arena to Wu Tang Clan at the acadedemy.  Personally it is rare that an act comes to Newcastle that I want to see.

The bottom line is if you live in Newcastle, and have cash to splurge on a day out with the lads, where do you go?  NUFC remains the go to option for many, and will continue to do so.

The death will be quiet IMO, the people who care about the bigger picture will have to stop going to stay sane, so any protests will be stunted. We will limp along almost indefinitely with crowds going down to 40k-ish. Nobody will really notice unless we get relegated.

The nature of our decline has been a combination of an absolute ruler who is untouchable, a decline in expectations and more established fans going to far less games. Also younger fans coming in who don't know any different.

Apathy and ignorance are going to stop any serious revolts happening. I sort of feel like 'what's the point?' myself.

There won't be a 'death' as long as we stay in the league, and it appears that that has never been easier than it is atm.

And if we go out of the league we'll have enough money to get back quickly.

Ashley has this tied up like, utterly under lock and key. He could not have picked a better club for it either.