John Carver

Guest neesy111

Guest reefatoon

They won't even announce it, they will just carry on the way they are. It's the way the cunts always work.

At some point Ashley may get twitchy, there is a definite possibility that we could be sucked in to the relegation battle. That's huge for him. The last time we got close to it, he went out and spent money, which as we know is crazy stuff for him.

Lose the next two games and I think he might have to act, and the only thing he can do is replace Carver, would not surprise me at all if he "augmented" the coaching staff with an experienced (ie. too long in the tooth ala JFK) appointment on a temp basis until the end of the season, if we lose the next two.

Guest chopey

At some point Ashley may get twitchy, there is a definite possibility that we could be sucked in to the relegation battle. That's huge for him. The last time we got close to it, he went out and spent money, which as we know is crazy stuff for him.

Lose the next two games and I think he might have to act, and the only thing he can do is replace Carver, would not surprise me at all if he "augmented" the coaching staff with an experienced (ie. too long in the tooth ala JFK) appointment on a temp basis until the end of the season, if we lose the next two.

I agree with Ashley bringing in a trouble shooter to give the inexperienced, whipper snapper, 50 year old John Carver a hand

Fucking ridiculous if this meeting/decision is true!!! 

Surely Ashley must realise he could douse the flames of discontent by changing the 'head coach'.  Even if he appointed someone marginally better than the current fanny he would be himself some breathing space with some fans and press alike.  The kunt could maybe string us along until January and then worry about us again then.  Keeping the 'local lad' in charge just means more shite results which will mean more shit is gonna be flying his way (fans & press) which means he'll have to actually get his hands dirty with us again which he obviously doesn't like doing.

Though must add that personally I think Ashely and NUFC is ultimately a doomed relationship whatever he does and the sooner he does one the better.

Big Ron Manager part 2. Carver would be even more mentally unstable than that Bleasdale guy was

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-NsU0Ytff4muEo9-eVkjIa6BUtMLevsWUTKp2DSwDzATT622Yag:e2.365dm.com/15/01/16-9/20/newcastle-john-carver_3247567.jpg%3F20150103190821

ARE YOU NOT NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Hard to believe things could get any uglier looking at that

I don't see that at all tbh.

I think he's done the maths (or rather, had the maths done for him) and decided to ride it out with Johnny Tenlicks.

To bring in a Venables/JFK or whoever, with a handful of games to go, would be a risk in itself.

Will be really interesting to see how it pans out.

That said, a draw out of the next couple of games would render the discussion pretty much pointless as that could be enough.

I don't see that at all tbh.

I think he's done the maths (or rather, had the maths done for him) and decided to ride it out with Johnny Tenlicks.

To bring in a Venables/JFK or whoever, with a handful of games to go, would be a risk in itself.

Will be really interesting to see how it pans out.

That said, a draw out of the next couple of games would render the discussion pretty much pointless as that could be enough.

He'll be banking on new manager bounce, it happens all the time, even Sunderland got it, we only need one win to assure our status, new manager bounce would do that.

If we get sucked in we'll have the worst goal difference of everyone down there (when you factor in improvements to other teams and derogation of our own), if the Mackems, Hull and Leicester get a win 4 points (Leicester of course would be taking 3 off of us), from the next couple of games, they are just one win away from jumping us.

He's literally got to act if that's the case, unless he doesn't care as much about the PL pay day as we think he does.

I'm starting to think Ashley is just on a massive troll to do exactly what the fans don't want but remain profitable.

At the start he tried, beers with the lads in the crowd etc, but then they turned on him. Since then near enough everything he's done we didn't want.

Appoint Keegan then handicap him into resigning.

Hire Kinnear.

Appoint Pardew.

Not sacking Pardew despite everyone calling for it.

Appointing Carver until the end of the season.

Not signing players in windows where we've desperately needed reinforcements.

Not bothering at all with the cups.

Branding the club with a controversial company like Wonga.

What more does he have to do to prove he's on a massive troll? Obviously he can't let the club get relegated and lose out on the TV money, but aside from that he's done quite a few things which could be considered antagonistic. Appointing Carver after this awful run would just be another example of it. 

I'm starting to think Ashley is just on a massive troll to do exactly what the fans don't want but remain profitable.

At the start he tried, beers with the lads in the crowd etc, but then they turned on him. Since then near enough everything he's done we didn't want.

Hire Kinnear.

Appoint Pardew.

What more does he have to do to prove he's on a massive troll? Obviously he can't let the club get relegated and lose out on the TV money, but aside from that he's done quite a few things which could be considered antagonistic. Appointing Carver after this awful run would just be another example of it. 

Pretty much what my dad (Doug) said last night.

The main trolling for me is plastering Sports Direct all over SJP. Changing it's name. Taking down the iconic Newcastle United sign etc. Shit like that is almost certainly to piss off the fans. The Sports Direct Arena ffs.

Hire Kinnear.

Appoint Pardew.

This is exactly what he's doing, I agree.

Hire Kinnear.

Appoint Pardew.

Hmm,

Looking back over the events from when he took over i think its been all about SD.  All he wanted to do was come in, let the football side take care of itself with a manager who will say and do what Ashley tells him. 

I think Allardyce was sacked due to being an expensive manager with all his management team, KK walked when he refused to be a puppet.  Kinnear  brought in as a cheap option to steady the ship.  Hughton appointed as the cheap option, Pardew appointed as Hughton couldn't get the likes of Barton, Nolan co to sign the bonus agreements.  Kinnear brought back to fill the void of Llambias, Carver holding the ship when Pardew left.

Ever since Ashley has taken over its all been about streamlining the club, running it as the bare mimimum, taking the easy less expensive option when selecting managers and anyone who gets in the way or disagrees gets pushed out the door quick as you like.

You can even read it in the transfers, we mainly sign cheap French imports or those at the end of their contract.

Run the club at little cost, advertise SD with little effort. 

I was watching F1 this weekend and they mentioned in the commentary a quote from Fangio that Mercedes were trying to employ of winning the race in the slowest possible time.

I couldn't help but think of how much it relates to Mike Ashley's philosophy with us but naturally remove any notions of winning:

"Staying in the PL with the minimum amount of cash outlay"

I think every year he's trying to push this window as much as he can.

If they've decided on Carver why wouldn't they announce it to everyone though?

It would be really bad timing at the moment, i think they will do what they did when Hughton took over before the championship.  Just let it ride all summer and Carver gets it be default.

I was watching F1 this weekend and they mentioned in the commentary a quote from Fangio that Mercedes were trying to employ of winning the race in the slowest possible time.

I couldn't help but think of how much it relates to Mike Ashley's philosophy with us but naturally remove any notions of winning:

"Staying in the PL with the minimum amount of cash outlay"

I think every year he's trying to push this window as much as he can.

Everytime the TV revenue goes up then he can keep it the same, allowing SD full coverage.

I see what Ashley is doing. He can't get rid of Carvew without a huge pay off,so he gives him a new contract as head coach with a clause that John "are you not entertained" Carver has to win at least 1 game out of 3,if not he's sacked without pay off.

Obviously Ashley knows this won't happen so he can sack him and finally get rid of the lingering bare knuckle fighter.

Ashley rubs his hands together and hires McClaren on a 25 year, zero hour contract.

:mysterysolved: