John Carver

Guest neesy111

And the other isn't pulling up any tree's in the championship.

McClaren, regardless of the factor he 'isn't Carver', would not excite me in the slightest.

He's never managed a team that's played good football.

The best we could hope for with him would be a well drilled side that's hard to break down. Great. Boring football, boring bloke.

McLaren would feel like Klopp or Guardiola compared to the mess currently disgracing your bench. I guess that was part of the plan.

:lol: At no point in his tenure will he feel like those two, regardless of the spin doctors/hope killers at the top.

I think you lads are being a bit harsh tbh

“We’ve had about 80 applications of people interested in the role. That’s people within football"

It cant have been easy to whittle those '80 applications' down to someone who's already at the club and will accept being paid with Chips and Beans. 

Fair play to the club, they've really put the effort in this time.

Guest TruToon94

If he got rid of the backroom staff then I'd give McClaren a chance. All I want is somebody who isn't associated and responsible for the majority of the Pardew years. That said our defence REALLY needs money spent on them. We will get relegated unless at least four players are bought for our defence. That's not even counting the back up required in the case of injuries that will happen.

McClaren also isn't obsessed with money seemingly, his time at Forest saw him quit after. In my honest opinion next season will be the season Ashley's whole scheme blows up in his face. I can see McClaren quitting after results don't go his way. Don't matter how good you are, you can't have a well drilled team without the players having the basic talent to pull it off. We don't and our owner won't spend the money need on defenders to improve it either. I imagine we'll be getting a whole roster of managers next season.

I think it will definitely finish a lot of people off if they gave the job to Carver.  I have not heard anyone that is supportive of such a appointment.  Even the pundits are dismissing the notion out of hand saying he is not good enough.

I will admit that the squad has been lacking - both in numbers and quality but if he had anything about him, he should still be able to put a team out that looks organised and focussed and with a plan.  There has been nothing of the sort and he seems to lurch from one chaotic idea to another.  I cannot begin to imagine why they would seriously consider giving him the job.  There has been no evidence whatsoever that he is capable in anyway.

Guest TruToon94

I think it will definitely finish a lot of people off if they gave the job to Carver.  I have not heard anyone that is supportive of such a appointment.  Even the pundits are dismissing the notion out of hand saying he is not good enough.

I will admit that the squad has been lacking - both in numbers and quality but if he had anything about him, he should still be able to put a team out that looks organised and focussed and with a plan.  There has been nothing of the sort and he seems to lurch from one chaotic idea to another.  I cannot begin to imagine why they would seriously consider giving him the job.  There has been no evidence whatsoever that he is capable in anyway.

Pardew did the same and we couldn't get rid of him! Nothing has changed at all in our tactics really. We were hoofing it up front before Carver was in charge and we're doing the same now. It's only because Carver doesn't have the media connections like Pards does that the majority of pundits aren't saying we're b******s for hating him.

On MOTD, ALL of the pundits said that he was good enough for NUFC because, "he's been an assistant and he done a good job at Toronto". We're lucky now because at least like three pundits aren't putting us down. But in my opinion it's because it's simply because it's not Pardew. Honestly could you have seen Pards doing better? They'd be saying it's our faults and he finished five once about right now!

Seriously? He's the cheapest option and a yes man, i.e. perfect in Mike Ashley's eyes. Pardew #2 basically.

Seriously? He's the cheapest option and a yes man, i.e. perfect in Mike Ashley's eyes. Pardew #2 basically.

Well of course I know why they would give him the job.  It just doesn't make any sense because it will ultimately cost them a fortune as such an appointment would be a guaranteed relegation and it would probably be too late to buy themselves out of trouble in January (which again would cost millions). 

But with Ashley, everything is about saving money in the here and now rather than thinking long term.

To think that Gateshead are about to lose a manager who is better than this bloke will ever be...and we might be keeping him. :yao:

I was saying similar before about Berwick. Colin Cameron is manager, the fans are on his back a bit after a poor season and I think Berwick Rangers should think about replacing him. However, I'm being deadly serious when I say that I believe him to be a better manager than Carver.

If Carver gets the job I won't be paying the best part of £600 for a season ticket next year. Doubt I'd even bother trying to get to individual games.

The Chronicle understands that John Carver and former England manager Steve McClaren are the only realistic contenders for the job at this moment in time.

Carver requires a convincing finish to the season in the last five games while McClaren is also in contention for the post – regardless of how Derby County’s season pans out.

Surely if there's only two candidates, all Carver requires is for McClaren to say no.

What happened to our list of 80?  :lol:  Whittled down to an elite two of Carver and McClaren...