John Carver

Guest neesy111

Mclaren isn't a bad shout. He's obviously got something about him, Boro played decent footy under him and reading the secret footballer/Dave Kitson he reckons a lot of players think he's a great coach.

Shame he'll be wasted coming here at the moment

Mclaren isn't a bad shout. He's obviously got something about him, Boro played decent footy under him and reading the secret footballer/Dave Kitson he reckons a lot of players think he's a great coach.

Shame he'll be wasted coming here at the moment

Did they? I genuinely must have missed that because I can never recall them looking particularly easy on the eye.

The one Boro Season Ticket Holder that I know, he's had a ticket for 20 odd years, doesn't think fondly of McClaren at all.

Boro were awful under Mclaren. They were terrible to watch, boring cloggers whose only aim was to stop the other team and nick something.

Reminds of a certain smug manager who has just left.

If McLaren gets the job, whats he going to do any different...Not allowed to finish in the top 8, not allowed to try in the cups, best preforming player or players sold, club actually has no ambition to improve itself, rubbish salary and rubbish bonus.

Whats the point in taking that job?

Guest reefatoon

Carver is an absolute cunt. Can't stand listening or seeing pictures of him. Useless at his job and just irritating the fuck out of me. The sooner he fucks off for good the better. Levels of Pardew hatred for him.

Carver has at least gone as far as to virtually guarantee a replacement come the summer.

In his own admittance, he`s "lost the dressing room"

When did he say that? Last thing I read from him was that he doesn't think the players are good enough. If he actually thinks he's lost the dressing room, and is admitting it publicly, wtf is he still doing at the club?

More and more Ruud Gullit seems like a mountain of a man compared to the cunts we've had since SBR.

Carver has at least gone as far as to virtually guarantee a replacement come the summer.

In his own admittance, he`s "lost the dressing room"

Found the pie shop though.

Aye. I was thinking the other day about Souness and how much he had risen in my opinion, completely by default.

I'd have any of our ex managers over Carver, even Kinnear.

The state of Pardew's face nowadays compared to that photo. :lol:

Carver is still wrinkly as sin. I think he shares more of his DNA with a prune than he does with his fellow man.

Aye. I was thinking the other day about Souness and how much he had risen in my opinion, completely by default.

I'd have any of our ex managers over Carver, even Kinnear.

Can't believe most of us would have motherfucking Souness back right now :lol:

Never mind the rest of them that record at Toronto is completely abysmal, his only non caretaker role so far. a job which he resigned from 4 days after having a go at a ref

That's what I don't get. People talk about his time at Toronto like Mourinho's at Porto or something. The cunt was one of our worst coaches in our entire history, what the fuck are people smoking? These are people within the actual game, how can they be so blind to facts?

The thing is, fellow managers who say "It's a tough job", "He's done well under the circumstances", "John's a good guy and they love their locals up there. He'll do a fantastic job" etc etc are hardly going to come out and say "John Carver as a permanent manager? PAH! He's useless. I saw his matchday notepad once, it was just a badly drawn picture of a meat and potato pie. Did you see his record at Toronto FC? Shocking. He'll never make it"

It's all bullshit propaganda. How many managers have said anything other than positive things about fellow managers who are under fire? I can't think of any.

The thing is, fellow managers who say "It's a tough job", "He's done well under the circumstances", "John's a good guy and they love their locals up there. He'll do a fantastic job" etc etc are hardly going to come out and say "John Carver as a permanent manager? PAH! He's useless. I saw his matchday notepad once, it was just a badly drawn picture of a meat and potato pie. Did you see his record at Toronto FC? Shocking. He'll never make it"

It's all bullshit propaganda. How many managers have said anything other than positive things about fellow managers who are under fire? I can't think of any.

Sadly this is true, even when someone is bombing and clearly needs to be sacked you never hear anything other than "I never like to see managers get the sack". Pundits are essentially pointless in England, especially if they're managers too.

That's only if they aren't forrin' mind you.

Oh they love a good forrin to bomb, jump on them like wolves.

The pundits wont have a go at the UK managers as they are all golf buddies.