John Carver

Guest neesy111

There's no way he's got a future at a Mike Ashley NUFC after that interview.

If he ever had a chance, that interview has totally f***ed it :lol:.

He's the cheap option he's got every chance at an Ashley NUFC

Losing £1.2million per place ain't cheap though.

It's a shame Mike Ashley doesn't seem to realise that a good manager makes a huge difference, in terms of results and financially.

To be fair he probably does realise that, but also that if they are too good then they might get ideas above their station or even qualify for the Europa League.

Pardew was perfect. Good enough to stay up, not good enough for anything more.

Basically. Fine as long as everybody perceives he's doing a good job to mask his ability. Worked for both parties until Pardew bailed for more cash.

I really don't think he does, well insofar that he has fallen hook line and sinker for Pardew's fallacy that qualifying for the EL or giving the cup(s) a good go automatically leads to lower league table positions. I would argue that a good manager would be able to handle a team being in multiple competitions. Yes, this may require a bit more squad depth, but then higher league positions as you say help generate more income and being a better side would allow us to attract a higher calibre of player (with possibly more upside still), so it all evens out. Where it would make a huge difference to Ashley is in the exposure SD would get if we were even remotely close to our potential, and the difference in the value of the club should he decide to sell up at some stage.

Dominated possession, did not create. 15 shots, only 3 on target. Worked all week on dealing with Pelle and runners behind us. Should have had a pen for Fonte handball. Made a difference to someone's livelihood :spit:

Didn't roll over. Didn't get the breaks.

Crowd/atmosphere: everybody sitting and waiting. Decision will be made after the result tonight. "They" have been working hard behind the scenes.

Still feels he can do it (the job). Played good sides and played well. Needed more ambition in the final third.

Doesn't know if he knows his future when he boards the plane tomorrow.

Has to consider if they offer him the job until the end of the season with another man coming in.

All in all seems resigned that he has blown his chance :celb:

Am i reading this wrong or does that mean we're about to offer the job to someone?

Dominated possession, did not create. 15 shots, only 3 on target. Worked all week on dealing with Pelle and runners behind us. Should have had a pen for Fonte handball. Made a difference to someone's livelihood :spit:

Crowd/atmosphere: everybody sitting and waiting. Decision will be made after the result tonight. "They" have been working hard behind the scenes.

Still feels he can do it (the job). Played good sides and played well. Needed more ambition in the final third.

Has to consider if they offer him the job until the end of the season with another man coming in.

Am i reading this wrong or does that mean we're about to offer the job to someone?

He went on to say he's got no idea what's going on though  :lol:

Pass, thought he was talking about himself

I was typing along with the interview, so may have not got that literally - he just implied that the result tonight more or less sealed his fate basically.

I was typing along with the interview, so may have not got that literally - he just implied that the result tonight more or less sealed his fate basically.

Ah man, had my hopes up :(

Newcastle caretaker manager John Carver on his future at the club: " It's exactly the same as it was before the game. There's been no talks and whether there will be in the next 48 hours I'll decide with the club.

"We haven't won a game and you need to win games. The crowd are waiting on a decision and the club has to make that soon.

"They have to do something. We don't deserve to drift away. The fans won't put up with that and something has to be done."

Huh? :lol: