John Carver

Guest neesy111

Fairly convinced now that he won't be getting it full time. Just too much at risk.

Still think he might be asked to take it until the summer though. Be funny as f*** if he turns that down, but he wouldn't.

I think he might refuse to take it till the summer if he was told he had no job after that. So if Garde or whoever brings their own staff he might not like that arrangement. If he has a cushy assistant job guaranteed though there's no way he'll say no.

He is on an 8 year contract.  He is not going to quit if he doesn't get the job as he won't want to lose his compo.

Just give him a sack of fag ends, he'll pure love just ploughing through it.

:lol:

The only difference I noticed in our play yesterday was that he gave Gouffran a more attacking role, and he looked much better for it. The guy is good at putting pressure on players, that's always been one of his strongest attributes (see, for eg, Remy's goal at White Hart Lane last season) - so there's no need to stop him from doing that. Pards recognised that and tried to turn him into a defender, though. It can actually be a useful trait for a forward.

I still wouldn't be starting him, like, but if the new manager works on trying to recapture some of his attacking abilities, I wouldn't have too many problems with him being in the squad for now. He did look a good player at one point.

I would be surprised if their contacts were linked to Pardew, and also slightly surprised if they had the foresight to anticipate a new manager who would not want them. Would like to be wrong mind.

Wasn't Pardew the last of them to be announced as having a long deal?

Fairly convinced now that he won't be getting it full time. Just too much at risk.

Still think he might be asked to take it until the summer though. Be funny as fuck if he turns that down, but he wouldn't.

He seemed to be hinting that he actually would turn it down. That may just be him applying pressure to Charnley, but overall it doesn't help the situation.

I know the bloke passionately wants the job, but he really hasn't handled the situation well.

The only difference I noticed in our play yesterday was that he gave Gouffran a more attacking role, and he looked much better for it. The guy is good at putting pressure on players, that's always been one of his strongest attributes (see, for eg, Remy's goal at White Hart Lane last season) - so there's no need to stop him from doing that. Pards recognised that and tried to turn him into a defender, though. It can actually be a useful trait for a forward.

I still wouldn't be starting him, like, but if the new manager works on trying to recapture some of his attacking abilities, I wouldn't have too many problems with him being in the squad for now. He did look a good player at one point.

:thup:

Still think he might be asked to take it until the summer though. Be funny as f*** if he turns that down, but he wouldn't.

He seemed to be hinting that he actually would turn it down. That may just be him applying pressure to Charnley, but overall it doesn't help the situation.

I know the bloke passionately wants the job, but he really hasn't handled the situation well.

Agreed. He should have known his place and served the club selfishly rather than put himself forward so publicly and make it into this high pressure trial period. I mean, has the bloke ever looked at his managerial record? If he wants to manage so badly why doesn't he apply for a Gateshead type of job and go from there?

Still think he might be asked to take it until the summer though. Be funny as fuck if he turns that down, but he wouldn't.

Watching his interview yesterday, my impression is that he won't fuck off at any price. No one is going to offer him alternative employment, so he'll hang around to put the cones out if it comes to that. Unless he's sacked he'll be here until the end of his contract.

Shepherd claims that "John has been in that position when Bobby left the club and Graeme Souness came in, John looked after the club until Graeme came in so he's been in that position before." :lol:

Guest neesy111

Shepherd claims that "John has been in that position when Bobby left the club and Graeme Souness came in, John looked after the club until Graeme came in so he's been in that position before." :lol:

1 fucking game against the team we took the manager off.  Ridiculous statement.

Lol Ryder is desperate for him to get it

Whole of the Chronicle is.

Makes their job really easy he'll be so accessible to the local media giving quotes about this that and the third.

I love how they completely ignore his lack of credentials to do the job though, he threw his hat into a ring he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near.

It's like me throwing my hat into the ring to fight Floyd Mayweather ffs  :lol:

Guest antz1uk

Part of the reason why the whole of the n/east press will want him to get it is he is someone they will feel they can have a better line of communication with, can you imagine Ryder trying to conduct and interview with one of those 'forrins'? fuck me his stuff is barely legible now

Could see us going with him at least till the end of the season and bringing in someone like Terry venables to assist him, with Beardsley stepping up in to TV role at the end of the season.

That sentence just continues to get worse with every word.