West Ham to get Olympic Stadium

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Spurs have no right to contest for it, and West Ham wouldn't be able to fill it. It's a toughie.

At least Spurs have the financial resources to meet the cost of their project without having to borrow £100m+ from the local council.  If, as expected, West Ham do get relegated, it might be easier said than done to make repayments to Newham Council.  I think it is totally wrong to use public money in this way when councils are having to make cuts.

What I find strange is that the vast majority of both sets of fans are hoping to lose the bid, Spurs for moving to the East End, Wham for viewing, lack of atmosphere etc

Your using a site that is built on public funds.

Guest neesy111

Should turn it into a MCG styled cricket arena for One Day International games and Twenty20 games for England and Essex.

Spurs have no right to contest for it, and West Ham wouldn't be able to fill it. It's a toughie.

At least Spurs have the financial resources to meet the cost of their project without having to borrow £100m+ from the local council.  If, as expected, West Ham do get relegated, it might be easier said than done to make repayments to Newham Council.  I think it is totally wrong to use public money in this way when councils are having to make cuts.

What I find strange is that the vast majority of both sets of fans are hoping to lose the bid, Spurs for moving to the East End, Wham for viewing, lack of atmosphere etc

Your using a site that is built on public funds.

The Emirates was built with the aid of grants.  If those grants were available to Spurs with the Northumberland Park Development there wouldn't be any reason to bid for the Olympic Stadium.  There were grants paid to Arsenal for their training ground at London Colney that were refused for Spurs' new complex in Enfield, but that's another story.

The fucking thing shouldn't have been built in the first place. The 2012 Olympics is a scadelous waste of taxpayers money. Would love to be able to cancel it.

Pensioners can't get treatment in hospitals, rubbish uncollected on the streets, but we can spend billions on some games that only cockernees will go to.

Parliament should be moved away from London IMO.

The f***ing thing shouldn't have been built in the first place. The 2012 Olympics is a scadelous waste of taxpayers money. Would love to be able to cancel it.

Pensioners can't get treatment in hospitals, rubbish uncollected on the streets, but we can spend billions on some games that only cockernees will go to.

I've registered for tickets and intend to go, and I'm not a cockney.

The fucking thing shouldn't have been built in the first place. The 2012 Olympics is a scadelous waste of taxpayers money. Would love to be able to cancel it.

So you reckon the cost of the Olympics would pay for medical treatment for pensioners, removing uncollected rubbish from British streets, and moving Parliament to, say, Loughborough?

Whoever gets the Olympic stadium should pay whatever it's cost to build it, I don't see why I should subsidise a rival club when ours has had to pay for everything we've got.

Citeh already got a new stadium for buttons in the same scenario.

Whoever gets the Olympic stadium should pay whatever it's cost to build it, I don't see why I should subsidise a rival club when ours has had to pay for everything we've got.

Citeh already got a new stadium for buttons in the same scenario.

don't they have to pay a lease ?

don't they have to pay a lease ?

Yes, the lease had them paying nothing on gates below 32,000 and 50% of receipts above that which they have re-negotiated to £3 million a year.

The latest rumours is that they want to re-rengotiate again, this time because they have redecorated inside and put new seats in.

If ever one needed an example of why this country is a fucking mess and why football, in particular, in this country is living in a different world, it is the idea that we should spend hundreds of millions of pounds to build a massive new stadium to host an event for four weeks, then give it to a football club, who will knock the fucking thing down and build a new one.

Insanity.

And as for West Ham moving into a 60,000 seater stadium with seats in a different postcode to the pitch ... dear God alive.

Except that there are examples of football stadiums with running tracks around the pitch.

And when I'm in Level 7 of SJP, I imagine I'm a bit more than 45m away from the action... it's not impossible to watch from that distance by any means.

Yes, but the 45m is in a direct line from the front row to the pitch, I imagine. What a view that must be.

Should turn it into a MCG styled cricket arena for One Day International games and Twenty20 games for England and Essex.

If you mean dedicated cricket stadium, then okay. But having watched cricket, football and Australian Rules football at the MCG I can tell you that the atmosphere and viewing of football there is diabolical. The pitch is miles from the stands, especially the upper tiers where  you may as well be watching ant colonies while any noise is lost (though this could be due to Australian football crowds being utterly unable to generate atmosphere - the problem isn't replicated for cricket or AFL)

Guest neesy111

It should be a mutli-purpose arena where numerous sports around London can benefit from the facilities i.e. Melbourne Cricket Ground which is used regularly for Cricket, Rugby and Football.  Was also turned into stadium for the Commonwealth games in 2006.