Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why should he be afraid to say what he thinks? That's the f***ing problem with society these days.  Good on you Stephen.

I don't think anybody will have a problem with that if the player matches what he says with his performances on the pitch. Barton went with his 'I can be good for England' talk at the start of the season and have proven many doubters, including me wrong. Hope Ireland will turn out good too.

He's barking isn't he? Obviously he's going to give it the "glad to be here with a manager who wants me" speech. Actually I think he'll do well for us if he gets on the pitch but the trouble with someone like that is you just don't know when they are going to go off on one.

I told you. He's absolutely f***ing mental.

"Boo hoo, it took me over an hour to get to training", poor little thing on his 70k a week.

That "I was the best player in training" line is exactly the same one he used when he came to us. It is always, always someone else's fault with Ireland.

To be fair, I think he was pitching this as not being a problem? ???

I told you. He's absolutely f***ing mental.

"Boo hoo, it took me over an hour to get to training", poor little thing on his 70k a week.

That "I was the best player in training" line is exactly the same one he used when he came to us. It is always, always someone else's fault with Ireland.

To be fair, I think he was pitching this as not being a problem? ???

Well spotted!

Guest Stephen927

Barton used to be honest like that and was applauded for it. I don't think theres anything wrong with what he's said. Houllier shouldn't have asked for him to move closer if it was only taking an hour into training. That said, I don't find it hard to believe he maybe made life at Villa harder for himself than necessary.

Guest GAMMELL

`Seems he thinks the whole world is against him and everything is somebody else's fault`

isnt that how all irish people tink?

:nope:

This one looks to be more complete:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/232528/Stephen-Ireland-My-Aston-Villa-horrorStephen-Ireland-My-Aston-Villa-horror#ixzz1FacG7KBM

“Ireland is only reaping what it has sown,” he said. “They have put buildings up just for the sake of it and, in the end, no one lives inside them. That has cost a huge amount of money.

“But I don’t give a damn for Ireland. Live in Cork? Rather shoot myself. I prefer Los Angeles.” And he made crystal clear his determination to never wear his country’s shirt again. “Even at youth level, it p****d me off to go there,” he said. “Everyone came from Dublin. I was the only guy from Cork. I had to take the train on my own, pay for a taxi, there was no hotel, no grub. It was handled so amateurishly.

“National teams don’t interest me. I have more to do than go off for three days to play Andorra. And when you are Irish, you are well aware you’ll never win the World Cup.

“I feel nothing for the team. I absolutely don’t feel guilty when they lose and, when they win, at no time do I think I could have been there.

f***ing hell, he's completely off his mind :lol:

This one looks to be more complete:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/232528/Stephen-Ireland-My-Aston-Villa-horrorStephen-Ireland-My-Aston-Villa-horror#ixzz1FacG7KBM

Ireland is only reaping what it has sown, he said. They have put buildings up just for the sake of it and, in the end, no one lives inside them. That has cost a huge amount of money.

But I dont give a damn for Ireland. Live in Cork? Rather shoot myself. I prefer Los Angeles. And he made crystal clear his determination to never wear his countrys shirt again. Even at youth level, it p****d me off to go there, he said. Everyone came from Dublin. I was the only guy from Cork. I had to take the train on my own, pay for a taxi, there was no hotel, no grub. It was handled so amateurishly.

National teams dont interest me. I have more to do than go off for three days to play Andorra. And when you are Irish, you are well aware youll never win the World Cup.

I feel nothing for the team. I absolutely dont feel guilty when they lose and, when they win, at no time do I think I could have been there.

f***ing hell, he's completely off his mind :lol:

Gosh, Stevie. Be nice to people on your way up, because you'll meet them on your way down. Alienating the entire Irish nation isn't a great idea.

Guest GAMMELL

Not too different to what Roy Keane said about the Irish setup IIRC.

Pair of Cork wankers the two of them  :snod:

Guest GAMMELL

Almost every Irish person I know is from Cork, sound as a pound they are.

:lol: You're fucking joking right.

I bet anything you like, within two years he's playing in the MLS.

Regardless of his opinions on anything he mentions in that article, it isn't the fact that he holds those opinions, it is the fact he's so stupid he thinks it is ok to go blathering them out to a journalist.

Talk about burning your bridges.

I bet anything you like, within two years he's playing in the MLS.

Regardless of his opinions on anything he mentions in that article, it isn't the fact that he holds those opinions, it is the fact he's so stupid he thinks it is ok to go blathering them out to a journalist.

Talk about burning your bridges.

Was he ever going to be welcomed back into the fold at Villa though? I doubt it.