Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew hopes to have Ireland back against Everton 5 March. f*** me, another 3 weeks? This is a joke.

thing is thats only 2 more games

Correct, thank god for the FA-cup this coming weekend. If we can grab a draw and a victory before Everton, I'm satisfied. In March we'll have three quality players back, and Kuqi-monster has taken the PL with storm..

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110202/boss-we-can-bring-the-best-out-of-stephen_2281670_2282678

"We have constructed a deal with Villa that makes sure he is fit to play, and in doing so we hope to bring him back to his best.

I read that to mean NUFC don't pay Ireland's wages until he is fit to play. Obviously we also don't play Ireland until he is fit so as to not send him back to Aston Villa crocked.

Stephen Ireland believes he is nearing a return to fitness, and could be back in full training by the end of next week.

The midfielder, 24, signed on loan for Newcastle from Aston Villa on January transfer deadline day, but is yet to pull on the black and white striped shirt due to a knee injury.

However, hard work with the physios at Newcastle's Benton-based Training Centre appears to be paying off, and Ireland is looking forward to joining in with his new teammates sooner rather than later.

"We thought it would be a couple of weeks," he told nufc.co.uk. "But I went running outside today (Thursday) at a decent level and decent pace, and I reckon it could be by the end of next week hopefully.

"I've just got to do a few more sessions and then see how far I can push it. If it goes well then I could be back soon.

"I haven't got any specific game in mind. I've just got to take a day at a time really, because one day it could feel amazing and then the next day really bad. It's quite strange, but I have to see how I feel on a day to day basis.

"I just need to get back on the field now. I'm frustrated with the injury I've got at the moment.

"After two weeks at a club you want to be getting involved in the playing and training, but I'm not far away.

"I didn't come here just to get treatment - I came here to play. Thankfully things are getting right now and I'm almost there."

"I haven't got any specific game in mind. I've just got to take a day at a time really, because one day it could feel amazing and then the next day really bad. It's quite strange, but I have to see how I feel on a day to day basis.

He sounds so motivated. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Arfa starts more games this season tbh.

He sounds so motivated. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Arfa starts more games this season tbh.

Yeah. I mean if he was really motivated, he'd just go out there and play regardless of whether he's ready or not...