Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

:lol:

Barton and Shola expected to play. Same team as last week but sub in Shola for Lovenkrands.

Where do you hear about Barton?

@MetroRadioNews

Metro Radio News

Alan Pardew says he's hopeful Joey Barton and Shola Ameobi will play in the Everton match. Stephen Ireland still doubtful #nufc

Barton and Shola expected to play. Same team as last week but sub in Shola for Lovenkrands.

Where do you hear about Barton?

@MetroRadioNews

Metro Radio News

Alan Pardew says he's hopeful Joey Barton and Shola Ameobi will play in the Everton match. Stephen Ireland still doubtful #nufc

Fuck! Ideally Ireland should have been a reserve. Doubt Barton will last the whole match..

Looks like he was set to start judging by the training photos posted on Flickr. Which makes me think how easy it is for opposing manager to guess our team. Every set of training photos is non-bibs vs bibs and, unless there's a late injury, the non-bibs are always the first XI. :lol:

Pardew quoted in the Star as saying he would be interested in making it permanent if Ireland performs (probably old news).

I'd be interested in making the deal permanent if Ireland actually gets on the pitch sometime :lol:

Guest jeffers09

Looks like he was set to start judging by the training photos posted on Flickr. Which makes me think how easy it is for opposing manager to guess our team. Every set of training photos is non-bibs vs bibs and, unless there's a late injury, the non-bibs are always the first XI. :lol:

Also looks like he needs to lose some weight looking at them pictures

Pardew said: 'Stephen has come back and the injury he had when he arrived here has cleared up but he may have a slight thigh strain which rules him out of Saturday. We will have a look at him before making a decision about Saturday.'

Pardew said: 'Stephen has come back and the injury he had when he arrived here has cleared up but he may have a slight thigh strain which rules him out of Saturday. We will have a look at him before making a decision about Saturday.'

Fuck me,does Pards have Alzheimer's?

Guest toonarmymia

Another Sun classic "lost in translation" or not?:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3445385/Stephen-Ireland-tears-into-Aston-Villa-boss-Gerard-Houllier.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hou wasted me at Villa

STEPHEN IRELAND last night tore into Gerard Houllier, blasting: You wasted my time at Villa.

And Ireland also reckons Birmingham is a "rubbish" place to live and he could not wait to get away.

He was poised to make his Newcastle debut tomorrow against Everton after recovering from a knee injury that had kept him out since his January loan switch.

But, yesterday, the midfielder suffered a setback when he hurt his hip in training.

Ireland's rejection by Houllier still burns deep.

He made just six starts at Villa Park after his £8million move from Manchester City and said: "I expected to have Martin O'Neill as manager but he resigned the day after I arrived.

"So just like at City I found myself in a squad where the coach hadn't chosen me. After 15 matches on the bench Houllier told me to stay at home.

"One of the few times I played was in August, and I was man of the match against Chelsea, but that didn't seem to matter to him.

"Then again, I have nothing against Houllier. After all, he wasn't the one who chose me.

"One day though, Houllier asked me to come and live in Birmingham. I live in Manchester, and it took me an hour and a quarter to get to training.

"Birmingham is a rubbish town as it is, but on top of that I wasn't playing, so I wasn't going to make that effort."

Ireland, 24, is desperate to get settled at St James' Park but is also bitter at the way Roberto Mancini kicked him out of Eastlands.

He added: "I could easily have stayed with City for life.

"I wanted to become a hero there. Even Sheikh Mansour said I was his favourite player.

"Mancini never liked me. He wanted his own players, not Mark Hughes'.

"But he's got rid of everyone - even the cook left.

"The family club I spent nine years with does not exist any more. The club has lost its soul. The investors are playing a dangerous game, what with spending crazy amounts on average players.

Advertisement

"When you see Yaya Toure's wages. The next guy who comes along will never want to sign for £70k a week if the others are all on £200k.

"I saw Shay Given the other day, Arsenal want him but he can't go as City don't want to strengthen a rival.

"It was the same with me, I had contacts with Manchester United and Liverpool but City vetoed it."

Ireland cannot wait to get cracking under Alan Pardew on Tyneside.

Speaking to French footy mag So Foot, Ireland said: "All I really want is to play and for once I now have a coach who really wants me.

"But when I get back in there will only be about 10 games left this season.

"Right now I have no idea which team I will be playing for next season."

Guest toonarmymia

"Birmingham is a rubbish town as it is, but on top of that I wasn't playing, so I wasn't going to make that effort."

noone's going to argue with that

Strangely enough...

Some French Guy, utterly lost in Forest Hall, asked for my help today. Bit confused, I stopped and listened. Apparently he was a reporter for a French Football Magazine, and was looking for Darsley Park! Ah, well, since I'm heading in that generally direction, I'll show you where it is, I replied. So we walked and talked, and I think he did his best to understand me, and he was all set to interview Joey Barton at 1pm. Joey's first interview with a french football magazine!

He asked if I liked Barton, I said 'aye'. Asked if I agreed with Barton's comments that he (Barton) was the best English Midfielder. Said, perhaps. Talked a bit about how people perceived Barton and his reputation, mentioned the Diaby tackle as an example. Really interesting. Asked him if he was nervous, he said 'Yes, maybe because he won't understand me, or I won't understand him. Does he have an accent?'. 'Yes. But not as bad as mine."

Showed him where the Training Ground was, and wished him good luck. Pretty sure he said the magazine was called 'On Foot', but I can't seem to find anything about it on Google. Ah well.

Presumably the same chap.