Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Aye.

We might need him to be anyway given Pardew's comments about Barton. :undecided:

All depends on the player as some seem to need a few games to be match fit, while some just don't.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ireland-feels-settled-and-ready-to-go-after-welcome-in-newcastle-2229395.html

Ireland feels settled and 'ready to go' after welcome in Newcastle

By Gordon Tynan

Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Stephen Ireland has promised not to let anybody down as he prepares to make his debut for Newcastle this weekend. Midfielder Ireland has shaken off the knee injury he arrived with at St James' Park after joining the North-east side on loan until the end of the season from Aston Villa a month ago.

With Joey Barton struggling with a thigh injury and Ryan Taylor suspended for three games after his dismissal in Saturday's draw with Bolton, Ireland could make his United bow at home to Everton on Saturday. If so, the 24-year-old is determined to prove his worth to manager Alan Pardew and his team-mates.

"I'm really ready to go, give it my best shot and have a good go at getting the team high up the table," Ireland said. "The manager's worked hard to get me, and I'm definitely going to repay him for his efforts. I don't want to let him or my team-mates down if I get my chance. First and foremost, I want to work hard for my team-mates."

Ireland has been bowled over by the reception he has been given by the fans, which has quickly helped him settle. "I always thought it was a brilliant place to come, and that the fans were appreciative of the players," he added.

"I've had a walk around the city, and the people here are so nice and polite. They come up and shake your hand, and say, 'All the best here'. It is nice, and I've got a good feeling for the place. I've felt settled really fast."

Aye.

We might need him to be anyway given Pardew's comments about Barton. :undecided:

What did he say like?

Pardew said: “We’ll have Stephen and Shola back next week and be better for it. Hopefully we’ll have Joey back, but we’ll see.”

???

Aye.

What did he say like?

Pardew said: “We’ll have Stephen and Shola back next week and be better for it. Hopefully we’ll have Joey back, but we’ll see.”

???

If all three could have some role in the Everton match, that's fantastic. Will improve our winning chances a bit.