Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did you also hear that he "did not even have a girlfriend or a granny or even an uncle to which he claimed was recently divorced from a granny in-law to which he also did not have."?

If so, don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia.. :lol:

I hadn't read his wiki, I remember reading something about it being another lie.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Never mind the lies, what the fuck is going on on the kids back?

http://totalfootballmadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/stephen-ireland-1-tattoo.jpg

That's terrible :lol:

So Ireland may be an idiot. And? As Barton himself said, most footballers are nobs. It's not as if our squad is full of perfect people. If we get Ireland and he produces the goods on the pitch then good. If he doesn't we don't buy him from Aston Villa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/9381428.stm

Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland is close to agreeing a loan move to Newcastle after travelling to the north east to undergo a medical.

The 24-year-old is set to become United boss Alan Pardew's second signing of the transfer window after Hatem Ben Arfa completed a permanent move.

Ireland has struggled to rediscover his best form this season after moving to Villa from Manchester City last summer.

The last of his 13 appearances this season was at Liverpool on 6 December.

Well as i'm not ecstatic about his resent form, I can kind of understand him  being a bit down being the makeshift in the Milner deal.

He's 24 and must have it still in him somewhere, so lets all get behind him and we may see the old Ireland that was being touted as a class act not so long back.

Don't know why so many are concerned where we will fit him into the team. Our strikers are mediocre so if he replaces one of them it won't be the end of the world. I'd also be quite happy to see him challenge Nolan for the central midfield role. Nolan gets goals but Ireland's overall game is much better potentially. He could also be used on the right if Barton was out, so a very good signing IMO.

Guest Loven11

Well as i'm not ecstatic about his resent form, I can kind of understand him  being a bit down being the makeshift in the Milner deal.

He's 24 and must have it still in him somewhere, so lets all get behind him and we may see the old Ireland that was being touted as a class act not so long back.

Yep, a good player is in there somewhere and I hope he can get back to his best with us.

Guest dazzanufc1892

Never mind the lies, what the f*** is going on on the kids back?

http://totalfootballmadness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/stephen-ireland-1-tattoo.jpg

That's terrible :lol:

could be a replacement winger?

so is this the end of our incomings? Can't say I'm too impressed, it was clear that we needed another striker even more now that there's so much uncertainty of when Carroll will play again. Depending on Best & Ameobi is gonna make it a tough few months ahead, without enough firepower we could be sucked right back into the relegation zone

Guest MrSundlofer

Don't know why so many are concerned where we will fit him into the team. Our strikers are mediocre so if he replaces one of them it won't be the end of the world. I'd also be quite happy to see him challenge Nolan for the central midfield role. Nolan gets goals but Ireland's overall game is much better potentially. He could also be used on the right if Barton was out, so a very good signing IMO.

# Ireland is not a striker and Pardew wants to play with two strikers.

# He hasn't played well in a 4-4-2 as a central midfielder before and is more an attacking midfielder.

# It won't do him any good playing him on the wing.

He's a central attacking midfielder in a 4-5-1 formation. I hope he can adapt well here.

so is this the end of our incomings? Can't say I'm too impressed, it was clear that we needed another striker even more now that there's so much uncertainty of when Carroll will play again. Depending on Best & Ameobi is gonna make it a tough few months ahead, without enough firepower we could be sucked right back into the relegation zone

I heard rumours of 3 incomings before the window shuts.

Guest MrSundlofer

Ignoring his past loopiness:

1. we only have 4 fit midfielders

2. ireland > nobody

3. its only a loan....try before you buy!

can't see how this is anything but a good deal.

It's a good deal and I take him. But the question is: where will he fit in, in our formation?

Guest Stephen927

January is a really bad time for buying a striker, moreso than other positions and they are often the players who change seasons and are the hardest players to replace along with keepers. The main striker that's been touted around has been Keane but he's failed to negotiate a move due to high financial demands.

It's not ideal with Carroll out but Pardew has spoken of playing 2 strikers and attacking teams, Ireland will probably be given a central midfield role which I'm not so keen on as defensively, the play passes Ireland by all too easily.