Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No big deal really, we aren't paying him so it's just a bonus if he does actually get onto the field.

This is what the paranoid part of me thinks is the reasoning behind him not playing...

Guest guinness_fiend

Looks a better signing for NUFC than either Sessegnon and Muntari are for SAFC

Hang on, Muntari has a Champions League medal...

:shifty:

What the fuck's wrong with him anyway, is it still just attributed to 'non-specific health problems" like a while ago or is it back to thigh injury?

Reminds me of Dyer and people speculating if he was off with a fucked knee, depression, hepatitis or bad AIDS.

In a fantasy world, he could still be a handy player for the last few games.

When there is nothing to play for... Im afraid he was a waste of money!

Whether it could turn out as positive will be seen. Maybe this means that Villa will let him go for less money since the situation hasn´t changed.

dont think its a serious injury....for the right money i think we should try and sign him in the summer.

I'm just forgetting he exists, if he plays and helps us out then great, but if not I don't care.

I would be highly worried if we signed him permanently after this though.

if its not crazy money, why then? I think its worth a gamble...

I'm not bothered tbh. We all know his capabilities. Him not playing much will only give us the upper hand in negotiations with Villa. We'll get him even cheaper. Signing Ireland for 4-5 mill is a cracking piece of business imo...

Based on what though, a vague hope that he can return to his form of two years ago?

I thought the consensus was that he'd been absolutely shite for Villa, as well as having a suspect heed.

I agree if he could get back to his best he would be a good signing, but what basis to we have to believe it's worth the risk?

Based on what though, a vague hope that he can return to his form of two years ago?

I thought the consensus was that he'd been absolutely s**** for Villa, as well as having a suspect heed.

I agree if he could get back to his best he would be a good signing, but what basis to we have to believe it's worth the risk?

remember he never wanted to go to villa....and everything went wrong from the beginning. Still young and have every opportunity to return to prevoius form.

Whether he is up for it i dont know? As i see it its all about his attitude, sort it out and he will be a very very good signing even for 4-5-6 mill O0

He was s*** for Villa, but I think ireland is just like HBA. They both need a lot of TLC. If not, their focus will drift.  Ireland isn't what we call a stereotype footballer. And he probably gets a lot of bashing for  being a weirdo. . Le Saux was ridiculed in his Chelsea just because he liked to read books. I don't think Ireland have a tough mentality that could handle such beating. If he's in a bad player environment, he will not feel comfortable. Consequently his performances will suffer. And I believe him when he said that the general moral in Shitty was s***. He was not given much chance in VIlla either. Players are not machines, they need to settle in.  Villa was not willing to give him time, we will..

I would be much more skeptical of him joining us if we had the likes of Owen in our group. But we have a good squad moral and a strong togetherness, which I think will benefit Ireland immensely. And Pards has a good reputation when it comes to taking care of his players. He's handled the HBA-situation very nicely imo.