Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wouldn't be against a season long loan with a set fee. Can't see Villa getting much for him this summer, maybe £3-4m if they are lucky. Would be very disappointed if we spent any more than that to get him in on what we've seen this season.

I wouldn't be against a season long loan with a set fee. Can't see Villa getting much for him this summer, maybe £3-4m if they are lucky. Would be very disappointed if we spent any more than that to get him in on what we've seen this season.

He'll go to Wigan or Bolton or somewhere like that.

Ireland epitomises everything that we should avoid in a player. Awfully injury prone, can't fit into our formation, huge salary and his best form was 4 years ago.. Sure, let's sell Jose so that we can afford to pay 50k to this waster

:thup:

He'll go to Wigan or Bolton or somewhere like that.

At the right club, injury-free he'll do really well.

Don't see the point in getting him in tbh.  It's not a Louis Saha type of situation where he didn't score many for us but showed flashes of potential and didn't have (m)any injury problems, and therefore we lived to regret not making a bigger effort to sign him.  This guy's out of fitness, out of form, out of his mind.  Even if he finds some form elsewhere I wouldn't regret not signing him, as the signs aren't good and it's too big a risk.

If he'd played 3/4 of the games and bagged a few goals and looked good then I'd probably be all for signing him at the right price, but whether it's his fault or not he's blown it.

This may actually be to our advantage. If he'd stayed fit, we'd have had a tricky decision about whether to sign him or not. It's now easier to justify another long loan, where we can see a bit more of him, risk free.

In fact, it's almost too convenient.....

Looked quite good in the very short time he's been on the pitch for us but we've had our fill of overpaid, injury prone players over the past few years so hopefully we won't be trying to sign him. 2 proper strikers, a right back and a left back should all take priority before we sign another midfielder anyway considering we'll have Ben Arfa and Gosling fit for next season.

Guest BooBoo

We've had ridiculous luck with injuries and new signings. Ireland, Ben Arfa and Gosling have played about 4 games between them.

Guest Roger Kint

He did look OK, but he's no use if he's always going to be injured. A knee followed by thigh followed by ankle doesn't bode well.

Biologically speaking no it doesnt ;D

Guest Mantis

Looked bright in his couple of appearances so I wouldn't hesitate on re-negotiating a season long loan.

i would, thats a place in the squad taken that we could give to someone who might be fit enough to start a match

Exactly.  Hope he's back in Birmingham already.

Season long loan with an option to buy would be the best bet. As mental as this fucker undoubtedly is, he's still got way more talent than Smith, Guthrie and R. Taylor. Giving him the benefit of the doubt regarding injuries since January, natch.

Wouldn't think about buying him without seeing him play well regularly though.