Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is a disappointing yet predictable situation.

The real issue here is what the hell is going on at our football club? Players seem to be dropping like flies atm.

Don't forget, this is Stephen Ireland, he'll get "injured" or ill at the drop of a hat.

Whilst with us he ruled himself out on more than one occasion with "a virus", and on the second occasion, was seen out on the piss that very same evening.

Guest Loven11

I'd defo bring him back on a season long loan to see how he does then and hopefully he can stay clear of injuries.

Why should we waste £4m on Ireland when he blatantly is a massive risk for not much gain?

Just because we've got 30 millionish to spend doesn't mean we should spend it for the sake of spending it.

If I had £5000 in the bank, I wouldn't withdraw £500 and then flush it down the toilet just because I had spare money.

Why should we waste £4m on Ireland when he blatantly is a massive risk for not much gain?

Just because we've got 30 millionish to spend doesn't mean we should spend it for the sake of spending it.

If I had £5000 in the bank, I wouldn't withdraw £500 and then flush it down the toilet just because I had spare money.

People said this when we signed barton and nolan

I didn't.

Where's this £4m figure come from?

Today's Chronicle.

Can't see it online, unless it's in the paper version. Suspect it's someone pulling figures out of fresh air but if genuine would seem to be a no brainer to me. Only 24, career can't be over yet no matter how bad some think our medical staff are.

I didn't.

What did you say?

Where's this £4m figure come from?

Today's Chronicle.

Can't see it online, unless it's in the paper version. Suspect it's someone pulling figures out of fresh air but if genuine would seem to be a no brainer to me. Only 24, career can't be over yet no matter how bad some think our medical staff are.

Apologies, I was wrong. It was in the Journal: http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/04/28/stephen-ireland-returns-to-villa-after-injury-61634-28596771/

Nee chance we will be in for him now. Shame for the lad but there are a ton of better options out there for us.

Will be interesting to see what he does, could see him going somewhere like Fulham. Wouldnt rule out another loan move next year which might interest us more, although I am sure Villa want rid.

I don't think we can rule out the club still buying him at all, still think it's a distinct possibility.

Same here. Although I think we will try for a loan with an automatic permanent move after x games or something.

I don't think we can rule out the club still buying him at all, still think it's a distinct possibility.

Same here. Although I think we will try for a loan with an automatic permanent move after x games or something.

Which I wouldn't be totally against.

I like him as a player, he brings much needed craft and guile into the attacking third. But there's a sneaking suspicion he's a busted flush at an early age  similar to Michael Owen.