Finally about to go to St James' :) seating question

Threelegs

Just pick wherever for your first game, then use that to base your choice on for second game?

My friend will be bailing on the trip after the Swansea away match, so I'd like game #1 to be truly epic.  I'll be solo for the second home game so I'll probably opt for a more relaxed seat then.

With the exception of the Family Stand, which part of the stadium would you recommend for a family?

anywher away from the strawberry corner. as a recent mover to the family section, it isn't bad.

Not saying it is. Its just there aren't any tickets left for general sale for the Family Stand whenever I've looked online.

• 5 months later...

Dragging this up again as I'm about to get tickets for the Man City match. Tried Bar 1892, Platinum Club and Milburn Paddock before and want to do something different this time. Only options in the Gallowgate are the upper tier and SW corner, I'm thinking upper tier might not be perfect due to the roof. Also, there a few seats in the East Stand Paddock next to the SE corner, would those be any good? Final option for me is the level 4 of the Leazes; not sure how it is atmosphere wise. Please enlighten me.

Dragging this up again as I'm about to get tickets for the Man City match. Tried Bar 1892, Platinum Club and Milburn Paddock before and want to do something different this time. Only options in the Gallowgate are the upper tier and SW corner, I'm thinking upper tier might not be perfect due to the roof. Also, there a few seats in the East Stand Paddock next to the SE corner, would those be any good? Final option for me is the level 4 of the Leazes; not sure how it is atmosphere wise. Please enlighten me.

I'm not sure how the Gallowgate roof would be a problem.

Was looking through pics in the earlier posts and it seems to obstruct the view of the stadium, that's all.

It will if you're near the back but you will be watching the game anyway, if you want to see the whole ground then you're more than likely going to be dissapointed unless you go into the East stand.

Guest Sophie S

If u fancy a view of the ground, you should probably avoid the top of the Gallowgate stand. Not bad seats in itself and atmosphere is alright, too, but the roof does spoil the view.

I like SW corner, it's not the loudest in singing, but you get the atmosphere from the Strawberry corner (SE) and Gallowgate. Level 4, Leazes will be close® to the away fans, I personally wouldn't fancy that.

If you're after great views, then I much prefer sitting in Level 7 looking out over the city rather than looking up at the stadium. Absolutely gorgeous on a summers evening.

So I was wanting to get a seat in the singing section and had a complete brain fart and mistakenly booked the Gallowgate West corner instead of the Gallowgate East corner :lol:

Just my luck, the box office decided to be efficient for once and posted my tickets immediately before I had time to ask for a change.

Oh well, hope these seats are still decent.

The East Stand next to the corner (Blocks F & M) combine an excellent view with the atmosphere of being so close to the SE Corner. In fact i've even noticed them joining in with the singing the past few home games which is practically unheard of in the East Stand! I put it down to people buying tickets there because they want to sing and that's as close as they can get to the corner. Either way it's helping the atmosphere along nicely!

• 4 months later...

Going for the Norwich game and wonder if Gallowgate V row P is a bad seat? (Too far to the rear?)

I´m a bit afraid that we won´t be able to se the whole stadium from there?

Is North east corner B row T a better choice?

Nah not a chance - it ain't the Kop. From Row U in the Gallowgate, you can see a few rows of seats above the Leazes goal.

EDIT: sorry, you said stadium - not pitch. It's still great up there though imo.

The East Stand is only ever worth sitting in for pre-season games, imo - where I cba to sing or whatever, just want to get a good view.

Interpolic has it right, Gallowgate end is always good, and fairly noisy.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Moving back to Newcastle after a few years out in the cold and I'm looking to make the Norwich game my first game back. What's the atmosphere like in Gallowgate Upper block R?