Potential Andy Carroll replacement?

LooneyToonArmy

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I could see us getting someone like Elmander, especially with Sturridge going to Bolton.

Not that I'd want Elmander.

Much too late to sign anyone, it would have been picked up by the press by now if a deal was in place.

Its frightening how poor our striking options are. I'm guessing it'll be Ireland off Shola. Best, Ranger, Lovenkrands- the idea that we are playing them in the PL is ridiculous and indicative of the way the club is run. No forethought, no planning.

Much too late to sign anyone, it would have been picked up by the press by now if a deal was in place.

Its frightening how poor our striking options are. I'm guessing it'll be Ireland off Shola. Best, Ranger, Lovenkrands- the idea that we are playing them in the PL is ridiculous and indicative of the way the club is run. No forethought, no planning.

Ireland's injured isn't he?

Guest MrSundlofer

Probably a: "No we don't want to sign a striker to replace Andy Carroll. We already got Shola, Peter, Ranger and Best. They are all quality players. We are only looking to buy the right players for this club".

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Bendtner is decent, but he doesn't bring nearly enough to the team as Carroll. in terms of pure technique he is probably better, but in the air, strength wise, aggression, heart, effort, linkup play, he is miles behind. he also has a touch of the sholas in that he messes up as many attacks as he helps, through poor choices, inconsistent passing/shooting, selfishness etc.

Agree completely.