Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

Guest Roger Kint

Theres enough mentioned it so far in this thread tbf, Blef, Jill, Crofty and a few others all stating paying more is a big factor

You said they think they're the only ones paying more. Why would they look at other people's seats anyway?

Every season the prices are announced, they even send out packs with a sheet covering every price in the stadium. You suggesting people dont know what it costs in different parts of the ground? Actually never mind, its not like i will get a straight answer the way you are fishing

I'm not fishing, if anything you were by suggesting the L7 folks think they're the only ones having to pay more. I've not seen anything to suggest they have that attitude, people have commented on their own situation as obviously they would.

It's s*** that you have to pay more as well btw.

Maybe its just the way it came across to me. Tbf it was the same time i read the bits on how the L7 was the reason we came back to 4-4 ;D

Either way i fully expected everyone(well a fair wack of the ST holders) to pay a lot more given how prices have gone up since the 3 year thing. To be fair its not as bad as i was expecting although the deadline is just daft imo

Theres enough mentioned it so far in this thread tbf, Blef, Jill, Crofty and a few others all stating paying more is a big factor

You said they think they're the only ones paying more. Why would they look at other people's seats anyway?

Every season the prices are announced, they even send out packs with a sheet covering every price in the stadium. You suggesting people dont know what it costs in different parts of the ground? Actually never mind, its not like i will get a straight answer the way you are fishing

I'm not fishing, if anything you were by suggesting the L7 folks think they're the only ones having to pay more. I've not seen anything to suggest they have that attitude, people have commented on their own situation as obviously they would. Seemed like an unnecessary dig to me.

It's shit that you have to pay more as well btw.

I'm confused, I thought the only price increase for non L7 ST holders was the £15 automatic membership fee? (not including any championship-loyalty discount)

If not, I take back my cynicism :thup:

I think on the whole the singing section has been good but as this thread proves there are certainly a handful who sit up there who think they're better than those who sit elsewhere. I've sat in the Gallowgate since the redevelopment and always thought the atmosphere was excellent there. I've no problem if the Level 7 lot want to move on mass to the Gallowgate but please can I ask that you leave that embarrassing "your support is fucking shite" chant behind.

Spot on Sned.

Guest WashyGeordie

I think on the whole the singing section has been good but as this thread proves there are certainly a handful who sit up there who think they're better than those who sit elsewhere. I've sat in the Gallowgate since the redevelopment and always thought the atmosphere was excellent there. I've no problem if the Level 7 lot want to move on mass to the Gallowgate but please can I ask that you leave that embarrassing "your support is f***ing s****" chant behind.

Spot on Sned.

That chant can't be wholly blamed on level 7 as it also gets sung at away games, but i suppose it does get sung up there too much/every other game.

I still think level 7 has the image of charvs/idiots to some but most up there just want to get behind the players, make an atmosphere and have abit banter with the away support. I don't see it as people in Level 7 look down to other supporters and think we're better, is it just 'cos we stand and sing? The only issue i have is that (and it's probably vice-versa with people in the Gallowgate) but you can only hear the Gallowgate sing once or twice throughout the whole match and it's normally just "Newcastle Newcastle..." etc.

Anyway, i really hope this doesn't totally kill the atmosphere at SJP, i hope the lads and lasses moving down from Level 7 will be a good thing, with more people joining in and to make SJP as indimidating as possible. I can't see it for now, but i hope i'm proved wrong.

My old ST in the Milburn L7 was somewhere between £500-600. I moved to the L7 corner as I could justify the purchase of a cheaper ticket for a similar seat. Now, faced with the prospect of having to pay a lot more more and move elsewhere I don't think I can afford to go back to paying a higher price for a completely different seat. I don't think I implied anywhere that others wouldn't have the same problem.

Guest Roger Kint

My old ST in the Milburn L7 was somewhere between £500-600. I moved to the L7 corner as I could justify the purchase of a cheaper ticket for a similar seat. Now, faced with the prospect of having to pay a lot more more and move elsewhere I don't think I can afford to go back to paying a higher price for a completely different seat. I don't think I implied anywhere that others wouldn't have the same problem.

I never said you personally did, just remembered you mentioning a price rise

I never said you personally did, just remembered you mentioning a price rise

Well don't bring me into it then, my paranoia kicks in. :shifty:

Guest Tall Striker

I'll be moving to level 4 if that's where the noise moves to, i can no longer deal with sitting at the match (it's not right!!), great work whoever got that piece in the chronicle  :clap:

I'm in the Gallowgate and stand for the full game every week.

I've sat in the Gallowgate since the redevelopment and always thought the atmosphere was excellent there. I've no problem if the Level 7 lot want to move on mass to the Gallowgate but please can I ask that you leave that embarrassing "your support is f***ing s****" chant behind.

Spot on.

The new plans also include the proposal for the away support allocation to increase from 2,800 to 4,000 seats. Just how many clubs visiting St James sell out their current allocation, let alone 4,000 tickets?  Considering that it is only in crunch-ties and against large clubs that the away allocation seems to sell out, United for Newcastle are concerned that allowing fewer Newcastle fans into the stadium in these important matches will have a detrimental impact on the players on the pitch, who rely on the fans' fantastic support.

Isn't it a Premier League rule that 10% goes to away fans?

We've been given special dispensation in the past because we had so many season ticket holders, but that's not the case anymore. I'm sure they'll still look to sell extra tickets to home fans if the away team doesn't want all their tickets, but the long years of sell-out St James's every week - and a waiting list for season tickets - seem to have went the same way as ambition and communicating honestly with the fans.

Not correct. PL rule is 3000 or 10% whichever is smaller. Man Utd would be offering 7500 and only ever do that for Cup games on a reciprocal arrangement if there is a replay.

The issue i have is with extending this section is for the games when the away clubs sell out generally is when there is a full / fuller home attendance like the recent games against Citeh, Spuds and the Arse. Therefore what is the point? Only thing is can see here is that under PL rules you can't charge fans more for similar accommodation. In our case there could be some justification in saying away section is same as the L7 singing section but to date the prices have been different across adult tickets. However the family and young sections can be described as niche so this rule would not apply.

Oh and i went to school with Simon Esland and he's a sound las but imagine this is well out of his hands.

I'll be moving to level 4 if that's where the noise moves to, i can no longer deal with sitting at the match (it's not right!!), great work whoever got that piece in the chronicle  :clap:

I've sat in the Gallowgate since the redevelopment and always thought the atmosphere was excellent there. I've no problem if the Level 7 lot want to move on mass to the Gallowgate but please can I ask that you leave that embarrassing "your support is f***ing s****" chant behind.

Spot on.

Where abouts? and how much is a ST there?

Guest Tall Striker

I'll be moving to level 4 if that's where the noise moves to, i can no longer deal with sitting at the match (it's not right!!), great work whoever got that piece in the chronicle  :clap:

Spot on.

Where abouts? and how much is a ST there?

Very back row, people in the rows in front of me stand. Next year for a student ticket with the 10% discount will be £406. Id say the 4 or 5 rows in front of me are sold on general sale for every home game. Adult ST with the 10% discount will be 500ish

Apologies if this a) has been mentioned already but there's a lot of posts to look through and b) is just me being a bit thick. Is the option to pay by direct debit available to everyone and is it payments over 12 months?

Reckon I might be able to get myself one if it is the case as will make it much more affordable.

Guest Tall Striker

Apologies if this a) has been mentioned already but there's a lot of posts to look through and b) is just me being a bit thick. Is the option to pay by direct debit available to everyone and is it payments over 12 months?

Reckon I might be able to get myself one if it is the case as will make it much more affordable.

Think so and yes :thup:

Regarding the the singing section moving to the back of the Gallowgate, I think this is a bad Idea for a number of reasons:

- Most of the ground cant see the back of the Gallowgate because of the roof. They should really have put a new roof on when the ground was extended so that it doesn't slope down so far. From the very back of the Gallowgate, you can barely see above the Leazes crossbar!

- The noisiest part of the home support and the away support should be able to see each other for 'banter' purposes which they wont be able to should the singing section be at the back of the Gallowgate.

- I sit in the Leazes and you hardly ever hear singing coming from the Gallowgate, maybe once or twice but it is always so quiet its laughable.

- meh.

No fucking surprise the area that constanly sang anti-Ashley songs are getting moved on. Llambias has hung around his arse by kissing it,  a few chants of "One Mike Ashley" may help the cause more than a facebook group.

Altogether now

We don't care about ashley,

he don't care about me,

all we care about is NUFC!

Guest jonlane86

Leazes Level 4 stupid idea.  It's right next to the Sports Bar and a fair few ST holders.

Gallowgate an excellent idea as the noise moves together and creates a true atmosphere from the end of the ground it should be created.  It will also keep the noise inside the stadium whereas a lot of the Lvl7 noise can disappear over the stands.  Not to mention a fair few seats that are ticket only for every match.

Leazes Level 4 stupid idea.  It's right next to the Sports Bar and a fair few ST holders.

Gallowgate an excellent idea as the noise moves together and creates a true atmosphere from the end of the ground it should be created.  It will also keep the noise inside the stadium whereas a lot of the Lvl7 noise can disappear over the stands.  Not to mention a fair few seats that are ticket only for every match.

O0

As for those who said you don't like the back of the Gallowgate due to the fact you can't see the whole stadium, Strawberry corner would be ideal and is already quite lively.