SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Would be worse for them. I don't really expect him to want to come back here.

This is the thing,why would he want to go back to a club he wanted to leave for?

Don't Newcastle also have a stricter wage policy these days aswell?

I doubt he will end up at either of our clubs.

Cos i can't see any of the 'top clubs' going in for him and he's still got ties up here. Plus there's a bit of a French connection going on at the minute, especially if we are searching their market for a striker. I'd say it was a relatively easy move for him. If he's gonna move to another England club, i can see him coming here.

Would be worse for them. I don't really expect him to want to come back here.

This is the thing,why would he want to go back to a club he wanted to leave for?

Don't Newcastle also have a stricter wage policy these days aswell?

I doubt he will end up at either of our clubs.

a) No Kinnear and the club's not falling apart anymore.

b) He'd probably come back here on a similar wage to Tiote, Ben Arfa, etc. if he returned.

c) I think he'll go to Italy or France too.

He's not going to go to the top 6, and teams in the next bracket (Everton, Fulham, Bolton) can't really afford him. I don't see many options in this country so I could definitely see him going abroad.

John Carver's back as well who was part of the management team who brought him here and who handed him his debut, although he was turfed out by Souness a couple days later.

Although I still don't think he'll come. Can see one of the big French teams taking him now he's featured, albeit sparsely, in the national squad.

Guest Wearside

How much money do you expect to spend in the summer, Wearside?

Not sure,nobody really knows but I'd imagine we will sell a couple and Short will put a bit more in so I'll take a guess at between £20-25m NET.

How much of that on players not currently on your books this season, or replacing loan signings who'll not be going back?

Guest Wearside

How much of that on players not currently on your books this season?

Other than Elmohamady I think it's highly unlikely any of the other loans will be here next season so just the £2m for him.

Reckon we will sign a few free/bosman transfers to fill the squad out with the likes of Bothroyd/Larsson/Vaughan etc and a couple of big money signings.

Vaughan and Larsson aren't right backs though and Bothroyd is quite the downgrade on Welbeck. It's all good saying these players will pad out the squad but your loanies will need replacing adequetly surely?

Martinez playing him on the right has really been the making of him.

Zog's left footed. If Martinez is playing him on the right then either they've got a helluva left winger or Zog didn't do the job he wanted.

Zog's left footed. If Martinez is playing him on the right then either they've got a helluva left winger or Zog didn't do the job he wanted.

He plays for Wigan where Messi plays for Barcelona. Nothing to do with having a good left-winger, just the system Wigan play.

He plays for Wigan where Messi plays for Barcelona. Nothing to do with having a good left-winger, just the system Wigan play.

He just wasn't doing the job Pep wanted, man.

:lol: :lol: "Ahead of Juventus."

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/webimage/strip120511kbjjc_1_3376416!image/1752079314.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/1752079314.jpg

...and Newcastle!

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7830/8594display.jpg

FYP

Messi plays centrally.

Didn't he play to the right behind a central striker? Seem to remember him there when they had Eto'o and then Ibrahimovic. Not seen much since they got Villa admittedly.