SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

I think Pardew knows enough to see if everyone is fit that Nolan won't be a starter, I also think Nolan knows this.

We will see Nolan maybe more away from home but mainly used as a sub late on to help tighten things up if we are winning the game.

Personally, I can't see him dropping our top scorer and club captain, for the next season at least.

Zoggy  Nolan  Tiote  Jonas

HBA

CF

With Barton coming in for Nolan/Zoggy/Jonas at times.

I personally think that there's no way that if Barton is still here next season he'll not be considered a first 11 player.

Not being funny but I would definately have him back. Imagine him and Ben Arfa in the same side man! :smitten:

That's one of the reasons I'd be hesitant. They'd both be seeking the same role.

Zoggy has a licence to roam at Wigan, and he's found it much easier to get on the ball in space and run at the opposition. With us, he was stuck out wide and more restricted.

You could possibly play HBA and Zoggy behind the striker in a 433, but that may leave us a bit light when the opposition have the ball. Of the two, there's no doubt in my mind that HBA has got more to offer.

If he comes back here it would have to be to play wide left, Pardew has already said that he sees HBA playing off the main striker.

Well, as I said, Zoggy looks so much better to me in a free role that I wouldn't look to play him wide.

Pardew seemed to be experimenting with a new formation on Sunday, though it's difficult to tell from the TV. Jonas and Lovenkrands seemed to be playing around Shola in a 4-3-3 at times, and we looked good. 4-4-2 can be a bit of a straitjacket.

You could try Zoggy and HBA in that formation and it would be brilliant if it worked, because they're both as fast as cats. If we could experiment for a few games and send Zoggy back if it doesn't work that would be the ideal way forward.

Tiote

Baton Nolan

Ben Arfa          N'Zogbia

SomeLushStriker

Then Jonas could be backup. If Ben Arfa or Zog are out, Jonas is a straight swap, if Nolan or Barton are out we can go 4-2-3-1 with Jonas alongside Ben Arfa and Zog. Simples.

Despite all this talk like, I bet Zog never comes to us. :lol:

what people forget when they say nolan here, barton there is that we ain't got players fully fit and ready to play every game. We can afford giving some players a rest at times, as we play others. There is no THIS IS THE TEAM SHEET FOR EVERYGAME formula.

We need depth, having quality in depth is something we've forgot what is. Wouldn't it be cool to have nzog, hba, barton or gutierrez comming of the bench ad turning a game for us? And not just play them all the time hoping things turns out well?

We would have selection choices, abit of luxury. Thats what we should do with the carroll money. Allow us to have choices.

Good player, when arsed. The questions of what he'd do to team morale, and (more importantly) how long it'd take him to have a strop would be key. Couldn't wait to be away te last time, rather sign someone who'd want to be here.

Zoggy  Nolan  Tiote  Jonas

HBA

CF

With Barton coming in for Nolan/Zoggy/Jonas at times.

I personally think that there's no way that if Barton is still here next season he'll not be considered a first 11 player.

And how often does our 'first XI' feature? I can see them all being in the same midfield and they'd all be considered 'first choice'.

Good player, when arsed. The questions of what he'd do to team morale, and (more importantly) how long it'd take him to have a strop would be key. Couldn't wait to be away te last time, rather sign someone who'd want to be here.

This.