SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

not getting n'zogbia wouldnt be the end of the world. we could do with 2 strikers though

Missing out on him would be a disappointment due to the upgrade in firepower he'd give us. Missing out on him to an immediate rival like Sunderland or Villa would be a huge disappointment. He'll massively improve any forward line for the teams around us.

not getting n'zogbia wouldnt be the end of the world. we could do with 2 strikers though

Missing out on him would be a disappointment due to the upgrade in firepower he'd give us. Missing out on him to an immediate rival like Sunderland or Villa would be a huge disappointment. He'll massively improve any forward line for the teams around us.

i know, i know, just trying to be objective. really the tight cunts should just pay what he's worth for all the reasons you've outlined

Don't think for one second that it's a wage issue (despite the continued excuse on here that it gets to a certain figure and we go "No sorry. We can't pay you more than x")

Think it's purely down to the fee. Which is madness in itself, because he's clearly worth it.

Sunderland confirm they will not bid for N'Zogbia. Now i think its between us and Villa.

And Liverpool if you believe the dubious source of "caughtoffside".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9533928.stm

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is reportedly ready to switch his attention from Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing to Wigan wide man Charles N'Zogbia.

Full story: caughtoffside

Aston Villa are very close to completing deals for both Manchester City goalkeeper Shay Given and Wigan Athletic winger Charles N'Zogbia.

Full story: footybunker

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news//2011/07/09/mevl-t-erdin-in-snub-for-newcastle-61634-29021687/2/

And it appears as if Charles N’Zogbia – a target for both Newcastle and Sunderland over the past six months – is heading for Aston Villa after initial discussions between the Villans and the French winger’s agent took place.

N’Zogbia’s willingness to move back to St James’ Park was never in doubt, but the expense of the deal seems to have put Newcastle off and they will need to revive their interest at the eleventh hour to prevent him moving to the West Midlands.

Sunderland confirm they will not bid for N'Zogbia. Now i think its between us and Villa.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7029358,00.html

Cats deny interest in pair

Defoe and N'Zogbia speculation played down

Last Updated: July 9, 2011 11:22am

Sunderland have told Sky Sports News they will not bid for Jermain Defoe or Charles N'Zogbia.

The Black Cats have been busy strengthening their squad this week and the arrival of David Vaughan on Friday took the number of summer signings to nine.

Reports had also suggested that Defoe and N'Zogbia could be on their way to the Stadium of Light in the near future.

Defoe's future has become the subject of speculation after he admitted his frustration at a lack of regular starting opportunities with Tottenham last season.

N'Zogbia has also been linked with a move away from Wigan despite manager Roberto Martinez expressing confidence that he will stay.

However, Sunderland have now informed Sky Sports News that they have no plans to make a move for either player.

Guest Antec

My guess is that we wont pay 9M+ for a player with one year left on his contract so we're playing the risky (and understandable) game of waiting until deadline day approaches so we get a cheaper deal. Hopefully we've tapped him up so he'll hang on for us

I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with Jose

Should have seen all the mackums faces this morning when they realised we were still in the running to sign the Zog. Green with envy they were.

One said "well we have Gyan, 100 times better than any striker you'll ever have" - to which I smugly pointed out Demba Ba's record. He didn't know where to look, just hid his face and walked out of the room, t***.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He's a decent player and I would have had him here but lets not forget himself and Gardener are half of the midfield we overturned twice last season.

He's a decent player and I would have had him here but lets not forget himself and Gardener are half of the midfield we overturned twice last season.

I think Gardner is bang average at best, he's never stood out for me, he's popped up with some cracking strikes but nothing special. Very similar to Gibson.

I like Larsson, think he could have offered us a lot in terms of our squad but sure he was after something like 40/50 grand a week when we were first after him which is a stupid amount of money for a squad player.

I'd still be trying to go all out to get Charlie back for the Toon. Class act!

Still want, but cant see them seeing him as a priority with Barton here.

Marv, Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye, Barton already for a 4 man midfield if you dont include Ben Arfa.

Cant see them coughing up 9m just to put another decent player on the bench.

Money will go on a striker mostly i reckon & much cheaper 2nd option. Interesting to see if they were banking on Zog being available still in Jan though.