SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

That's a tweet from Luke Edwards man, it isn't a quote from anyone at NUFC. Also, it's correct.

I know it isn't a direct quote which is why I referred to this stuff being "leaked" via  (ex) Journal sources. I just don't see what Edwards has to gain from putting a negative spin on Zog coming here.  If he's not putting the club point of view across why would he say that?

As far as I can see he's just saying that Zoggy's character is like that. I don't see any reason to assume he's been fed that by the club. How much influence do think NUFC have on the content of Luke Edward's tweets?

That's a tweet from Luke Edwards man, it isn't a quote from anyone at NUFC. Also, it's correct.

I know it isn't a direct quote which is why I referred to this stuff being "leaked" via  (ex) Journal sources. I just don't see what Edwards has to gain from putting a negative spin on Zog coming here.  If he's not putting the club point of view across why would he say that?

As far as I can see he's just saying that Zoggy's character is like that. I don't see any reason to assume he's been fed that by the club. How much influence do think NUFC have on the content of Luke Edward's tweets?

Luke Edwards was one of the more impartial journalists during his stint up here and I imagine he's got contacts close to the club still. His tweets fit with our stance on Zog whether by coincidence or design. Of course the club could still make us all look like mugs by swooping in and signing Zog but I think I'll go with Luke's version at this point.

Downing Out, Zog in is 100% nailed on unfortunately.

The money they will get for Downing + Young is about the same as we got for Carroll yet Villa can afford Zog and we can't. 

:mystery:

Unfortunately I'm now thinking the same. :(

Luke Edwards was one of the more impartial journalists during his stint up here and I imagine he's got contacts close to the club still. His tweets fit with our stance on Zog whether by coincidence or design. Of course the club could still make us all look like mugs by swooping in and signing Zog but I think I'll go with Luke's version at this point.

Do they? What is the club's stance on Zog like?

Do they? What is the club's stance on Zog like?

We can only speculate.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3687216/Liverpool-and-Aston-Villa-will-have-to-fork-out-20million-for-Charles-NZogbia.html

LIVERPOOL and Aston Villa will have to fork out at least £20million for Charles N'Zogbia.

Both clubs have been linked with a move for the Wigan winger, 25. But the Latics do not want him to go on the cheap. Chairman Dave Whelan said: "I see some players being sold for £20m or £30m and Zoggy's better. "We've had bids but they're nowhere near our valuation."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3687216/Liverpool-and-Aston-Villa-will-have-to-fork-out-20million-for-Charles-NZogbia.html

LIVERPOOL and Aston Villa will have to fork out at least £20million for Charles N'Zogbia.

Both clubs have been linked with a move for the Wigan winger, 25. But the Latics do not want him to go on the cheap. Chairman Dave Whelan said: "I see some players being sold for £20m or £30m and Zoggy's better. "We've had bids but they're nowhere near our valuation."

The funniest thing is, he's right.

If clubs started taking a stand and came out publicly saying if players like Henderson and Downing can go for £20m then someone like Zog deserves a fee of at least £25m.

Not only are these insane prices of English players, most of whom who can't even get near the national team, making a mockery of the transfer market, they are completely embarrassing the English game.

He's right if Zoggy had 3 years remaining, but he doesn't and isn't worth the fees other players are going for. His fault really for not tying him down longer, what was it a 3 year deal? Daft decision.

He's right if Zoggy had 3 years remaining, but he doesn't and isn't worth the fees other players are going for. His fault really for not tying him down longer, what was it a 3 year deal? Daft decision.

When a club like Wigan makes a signing like that it'll be on the players terms, not theirs.

who cares really? we wont pay the money for him and we can DEFINITELY afford it, that's bad enough.

who cares really? we wont pay the money for him and we can DEFINITELY afford it, that's bad enough.

Yeah of course, that's not what we were arguing though.

I know it isn't a direct quote which is why I referred to this stuff being "leaked" via  (ex) Journal sources. I just don't see what Edwards has to gain from putting a negative spin on Zog coming here.  If he's not putting the club point of view across why would he say that?

Because it's not going to happen.

N'Zogbia, time of flight? By Mansour LOUM From Football.fr Created on 12/07/2011 at 06:34, modified 12/07/2011 at 09:00 Author convincing a season with Wigan , narrowly saved from relegation on the last day of the Premier League, Charles N'Zogbia is not yet known what the future will bring. If his name often comes under the heading of transfers, the Latics winger has yet to see his career really take off. This transfer window seems to be the right time for him to take a new dimension by joining a prestigious club, especially Aston Villa and Liverpool are close behind. But the direction of Wigan does not sell off one of his best players. If his club Wigan had to fight until the last day of the championship to ensure its maintenance in the Premier League, Charles N'Zogbia has still managed a more than satisfactory season the side of London. With 10 goals, he was even one of the architects of the major holding in the top flight of English football. His performances have also come to attract the eye of most exclusive courses, from all over the kingdom, learn about it. At the opening of the summer transfer window, Newcastle United, his former club, was manifested in an attempt to get him back home, and Sunderland has also shown keen interest in the Latics winger. However, there is never serious negotiations took place and the native of Harfleur is preparing to return to the path of training with Wigan. Reluctant to relive a season to play the maintenance, the French international could still glimpse a way out. According to the English press, clubs Liverpool and Aston Villa are ready to make offers of around 22 million euros for him from Wigan. At one year of the Euro, which he hopes to take part, Charles N'Zogbia would be a very good start to eye one one of these two destinations. Wigan upped the ante , but that amount would not be appropriate to the President Wigan Athletic Dave Whelan, who needs more for the former Le Havre player. "I saw a lot of players being sold for 20 million pounds or even 30 million, and Zoggy (N'Zogbia nickname) is better", told the leader, in remarks echoed by the Daily Star. Output media that could undermine the desires of the French and especially starting to scare her suitors. In the wake of that statement, Whelan ruled out, moreover, not to extend a key player of his coach, Roberto Martinez: "If he wanted to sign a new contract, we would do our best to make this happen" , he said. If the direction of Wigan throws his last weapon in the battle to try to keep N'Zogbia, President Whelan knows it will be difficult to retain his player if he clearly demonstrates his desire to go elsewhere. The discourse of the Latics no longer resembles a good communication strategy to achieve maximize the sale of their winger. The more than 30 million claimed, then there is no more than a year of contract to the French are proof, and Wigan will not take the risk to keep his wingman one more year to see him go for free at the end of the season. Clubs interested take a clear position to force the Londoners to give the Habs. In order to be included in the group of Laurent Blanc for Euro 2012, knows that N'Zogbia join a formation of any other class would allow him to finally put out the screen ... if he plays.

http://www.football.fr/footballfr/cmc/transferts/201128/charles-n-zogbia-sur-le-depart-_107845.html?headlineshome-page