SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

I think there's room for both. Jonas left, N'Zogbia right, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle with Ben Arfa off the new striker.

Taking everything into account, I'd probably prefer to take Jonas out, play Zog left and Barton on the right.

Unfortunately, Jonas just doesn't offer enough end product.

I think there's room for both. Jonas left, N'Zogbia right, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle with Ben Arfa off the new striker.

The beauty of that front 3 (exc the main striker) is that all players would be happy switching throughout games into any of the three positions and would also give flexibility between a 4-4-2, a 4-2-2-1-1 and a 4-2-3-1 without needing to change personnel mid game.

Mind Gervinho would also provide most of that too

I've maintained for most of the second half of the season that a  proper winger on the right like Zoggy would free up space for Jonas and Enrique (pleeeeeeease stay maaan!) on the left.

We'd see the best of Jonas in a balanced four midfield IMO

The more I think about it, the more I'd love to have him back.

But I also love Jonas, and don't want him to lose his place.

Give me a better player any day over that sentimental crap tbh

It's the sentimental crap as you put it, that has shaped this club into what it is.

It's the sentimental crap as you put it, that has shaped this club into what it is.

And it's signing better players that will only take us up to the next level.

There's a place for Jonas every week IMO.

Having players like Ben Arfa and hopefully Gervinho/N'Zogbia in the team would help him immensely as we wouldn't be relying on Jonas as one of our main creative outlets. Every team however needs players who'll work hard and have the athleticism to bring the ball forward on the deck, which Jonas is fantastic at.

Problem of course is once a team doubles up on Jonas in the final third he's pretty much nullified as a threat because his final ball is poor, but hopefully we'll have some others to do that next year.

That said, at home to the likes of Fulham we'd be best off leaving him on the bench.

Against the weaker teams yeah. You could even put in another striker like Best for those types of games and ask Ben Arfa to play on the wing.

That's what I was thinking, basically. Best would score for fun with 2 wingers.

Very true, and that's what we did when Jonas replaced duff.

But is the zog a better player overall than Jonas ? and can he bring the next level required to improve on Jonas.

Over the last 2 seasons Jonas has been instrumental to the promotion and good a season back in the prem. His pace and attacking play have been great. He also has won us a ton of free kicks. Yes his end product is rubbish.

Zog on his day is fantastic, but i know first had from a wigan season ticket holder that his attitude has changed very little and has been doing the same with Wigan that he did with us (always making noise to the press).

Is he a 12m improvemnt on Jonas ? personally i don't think he is

Guest firetotheworks

They both have very different styles, whether one is 'better' than the other I don't really care too much, because they're both effective in what they do. It would be a good dynamic to have between the two, if one doesn't work try the other.

They could easily both have a place in the squad, and as people have said, even the team if we don't sign another winger (Gerv).

Never had time for the criticism of Jonas, we all know his crossing isn't excellent but he's very valuable to our team in all sorts of ways.

Very aroused by the idea of Jonas, Zog, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Tiote running out together.

But is the zog a better player overall than Jonas ? and can he bring the next level required to improve on Jonas.

Over the last 2 seasons Jonas has been instrumental to the promotion and good a season back in the prem. His pace and attacking play have been great. He also has won us a ton of free kicks. Yes his end product is rubbish.

Zog on his day is fantastic, but i know first had from a wigan season ticket holder that his attitude has changed very little and has been doing the same with Wigan that he did with us (always making noise to the press).

He's got much more end product but despite all the talk he's improved at Wigan I still see the same player. Fantastic ability but not so much a team player. I don't think anyone will pay £12m for a player in the final year of his contract, there'll probably be a compromise.

He's twice the attacking player that Jonas is. As a 'footballer' there's no comparison.

I always remeber Zog's end product to be as equally as bad as Jonas when he was here.

Twice the attacking player ? come off it man. 

He's twice the attacking player that Jonas is. As a 'footballer' there's no comparison.

I always remeber Zog's end product to be as equally as bad as Jonas when he was here.

I can only assume you've not watched the lad for a couple of years.

Rubbish man. He whips in a mean cross and hits the ball like an exocet. There's no comparison.

He's got much more end product but despite all the talk he's improved at Wigan I still see the same player. Fantastic ability but not so much a team player. I don't think anyone will pay £12m for a player in the final year of his contract, there'll probably be a compromise.

No doubt it will be around the 6-8m million mark

People have forgotten how happy most where when we got 6m for him 2 seasons ago. He's still the same person but with better end product, the first 11 is a very good TEAM of players people like n,zogbia upset the apple cart.