SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

The fact that Whelan absolutely hates Ashley probably doesn't help our cause.....

Didn't stop Ashley selling him CNZ. Do you reckon the hate is just one way?

I reckon so!

EDIT: but the again, Whelan would be mad to turn down £12 million................surely as a businessman, there's only positives to this potential deal?

Oh, wait, hold your fucking horses.

He does want to come, and we're happy to double his wages. :pow:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/194966/Charles-N-Zogbia-to-snub-Liverpool-for-Toon-return/?

But a source close to N’Zogbia said: “Charles never really wanted to leave. It was Kinnear he fell out with, not Newcastle.

“He has kept in touch with several of his former team-mates and told them he would love to go back.

“And while he has never worked for Alan Pardew, he knows his No.2 John Carver very well.

“In fact, it was John who gave him his Premier League debut when he was caretaker-manager.

“He thoroughly enjoyed his time there, loves the city and would jump at the chance of pulling on the shirt again.

Being fair I thought they were actually word for word but they're not. I highly doubt it's new stuff though.

They're roughly on the same lines, so yeah nowt new really.

then manager Joe Kinnear labelled him "Charles Insomnia"

:lol:

:lol: "Labelled him" like it's some kind of comment that Kinnear made on him as a player or person. :lol:

"Decent player on the pitch but I've never seen the kid sleep once.  That's because he doesn't do it.  He just does not sleep.  That's fucking creepy.  I thought I'd play some of those managerial mind games that I'm renowned for, to snap him out of it.  I called him Charles Insomnia.  Next day, he requested a transfer.  What can you do?"

Those 'quotes' are three weeks old.

But no less of a counter to the trophy-hunter suggestions in the Mirror that's got people worrying. Couple that with the Twitter thing, plus his quotes suggesting he'd consider a move back here after the January fiasco... i'd say the press spectrum has him more likely ending up here than not.

Typically, there's absolutely nothing to garner from any the red-tops' bullshit. You can never be sure of any sort of signing these days, until they're photographed holding the shirt.

Guest magpie99

The fact that Whelan absolutely hates Ashley probably doesn't help our cause.....

Didn't stop Ashley selling him CNZ. Do you reckon the hate is just one way?

I reckon so!

EDIT: but the again, Whelan would be mad to turn down £12 million................surely as a businessman, there's only positives to this potential deal?

Personally, with only a year left on his contract, 12 million is far too much to pay. It is not a million miles away from us expecting someone to come along and pay a simiolar amount for Enrique. I cannot see it happening at that amount. Even big spending Liverpool might ark up at paying so much. 6 to 7 milliion maximum.

Would expect Sunderland to be right in for him fresh of selling Henderson, lets hope Charlie has his heart set on coming back here and we can get him.

If we're in for him, he'll choose us before them anytime.

Would expect Sunderland to be right in for him fresh of selling Henderson, lets hope Charlie has his heart set on coming back here and we can get him.

Why wouldn't they? The most important is that, if we're in for him, he'll choose us before them anytime.

What i mean is they will more than likely make an acceptable bid right away, which means we won't be able to mess around putting in low offers. We will soon know how serious we are about getting him.

Why wouldn't they? The most important is that, if we're in for him, he'll choose us before them anytime.

What i mean is they will more than likely make an acceptable bid right away, which means we won't be able to mess around putting in low offers. We will soon know how serious we are about getting him.

Agree with that!

Answered your post a bit hasty btw. Thought you said "Wouldn't expect Sunderland..."