SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Ger has held out for the money, martinez has stayed, surely we step up over the weekend &get this ball rolling!

Really want him but why cant I shake the fear of liverpool coming in last min!

I am not worried about Liverpool.  N'Zog would prefer us over them.

Based on what?

They do not have Euro football next season and they are unlikely to offer him lucrative terms after spending so many money on Henderson.

p.s. I think the only way that prevents Liverpool from financial meltdown now is to secure a top 4 spot next season. That means they have to bypass Chelsea or Arsenal. Mission impossible.

Fenway would not allow that to happen. Like City and Chelsea, they seem to have concluded that UEFA can stick financial fair play up their collective arse for all the good it will do them. Three sugar daddy clubs, plus two clubs with stratospheric matchday revenue - it's all rather depressing.

Ger has held out for the money, martinez has stayed, surely we step up over the weekend &get this ball rolling!

I am not worried about Liverpool.  N'Zog would prefer us over them.

Based on what?

They do not have Euro football next season and they are unlikely to offer him lucrative terms after spending so many money on Henderson.

p.s. I think the only way that prevents Liverpool from financial meltdown now is to secure a top 4 spot next season. That means they have to bypass Chelsea or Arsenal. Mission impossible.

Fenway would not allow that to happen. Like City and Chelsea, they seem to have concluded that UEFA can stick financial fair play up their collective arse for all the good it will do them. Three sugar daddy clubs, plus two clubs with stratospheric matchday revenue - it's all rather depressing.

This is spot on. As much as I hate Liverpool and the Red Sox, John Henry is no fool. He's certainly not mortgaging their future to buy some players. Unfortunately, Liverpool will be well run financially as long as they are in charge. Just have to hope they waste their money. Off to a good start so far...

Can't see this one being sorted till later this summer. The year left on his contract means no team is going to jump in with £10million bids imo. We supposedly opened with £5million and no one's come in with a better one yet so there's a clue.

I know Ryan Taylor was part of the deal but I wonder if Wigan are still paying us for Zoggy.  I can't imagine they are in a position to pay up front for players.

Whelan could always be pay Ashley in pies

This kind of nonsense is every bit as bad as racism, almost. Just a complete waste of a post.

As is that numpty

Guest Wearside

I am not worried about Liverpool. N'Zog would prefer us over them. The problem is if other Big4 is interested then...

:)

Got to be on a wind-up,surely?

I am not worried about Liverpool. N'Zog would prefer us over them. The problem is if other Big4 is interested then...

:)

Got to be on a wind-up,surely?

Yeah, you don't get to do that 'level headed voice of reason' thing anymore after the drunken meltdown the other day like. Non too credible anymore :)

Can we please just go out and sign this muthafucka. There's the potential of getting a bargain due to the contract situation, but we're in danger of letting this slip away. He's worth £10/11m... just pay it up and get his signature.

Aye, like plenty have said before me, I'd be happy with CNZ ahead of Gervinho, just for the simple fact he's proven he can do the business over here. Would be a shame if we missed out on him while chasing players we might not end up with at all.

Should never have been flogged in the first place, but I do wonder if his conduct upon leaving is something that is pushing him behind other targets, although I genuinely* have no idea how his relationship is/was with the other players.