SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest firetotheworks

Weezertron will probably have a cow if this happens like. He proper bummed the little bugger.

Would be one of best possible signings IMO. By that i mean he's one of the only do-able signings that would put "bums on seats" as they say.

The thought of the likes of him and Ben Arfa playing with each other is extremely positive. With players like them we will always stand a chance of winning a game.

Left a boy and came back a man  :lol: Like something from a film.

As Dave says though, get him.

Agree with the bold bit. A month ago, I would have never considered N'Zogbia coming back but now that I've had time to reflect on it, he has definitely matured as a player in those two years at Wigan (and it was Kinnear's fault he had left).

Would definitely take him back now.

Guest CheickMansour

Agree with the bold bit. A month ago, I would have never considered N'Zogbia coming back but now that I've had time to reflect on it, he has definitely matured as a player in those two years at Wigan (and it was Kinnear's fault he had left).

I'm not sure about this, seems to be on the verge of rewriting history.  :undecided:

N'zogbia forced the move, blaming Kinnear to deflect fan abuse, in the hope that he would end up at a 'bigger' club.  And at such a bad time for us.

It didn't work out. Now, maybe realising that few top clubs are willing to take a punt on him at the the prices Wigan are asking for (now that he's 25 and no longer a prospect), he's become more open to a move back to SJP.

The question is whether he has changed. Has he really matured? Is he really so eager to play for us? Or is this just another attempt to use Newcastle FC as a convenient stepping stone?

Ger has held out for the money, martinez has stayed, surely we step up over the weekend &get this ball rolling!

Really want him but why cant I shake the fear of liverpool coming in last min!

I am not worried about Liverpool.  N'Zog would prefer us over them. The problem is if other Big4 is interested then...

Guest johnson293

I'm not sure about this, seems to be on the verge of rewriting history.  :undecided:

N'zogbia forced the move, blaming Kinnear to deflect fan abuse, in the hope that he would end up at a 'bigger' club.  And at such a bad time for us.

It didn't work out. Now, maybe realising that few top clubs are willing to take a punt on him at the the prices Wigan are asking for (now that he's 25 and no longer a prospect), he's become more open to a move back to SJP.

The question is whether he has changed. Has he really matured? Is he really so eager to play for us? Or is this just another attempt to use Newcastle FC as a convenient stepping stone?

Part of his problems here began when Boumsong left, didn't they?

Sure I remember reading that after his (N'Zogbia) father died, Boumsong took him under his wing and kinda looked after him (not in a Nolan/Carroll way though).

At the time, N'Zogbia did have a terrible attitude (there was a fight between himself and Carroll during training iirc). But I'm confident that he has learned his lesson. Like I say, the 2 years he's had at Wigan has helped him to develop so I'd definitely take him back now.

And tbf, Kinnear was a t*** and did call Zog, "Insomnia".

Ger has held out for the money, martinez has stayed, surely we step up over the weekend &get this ball rolling!

I am not worried about Liverpool.  N'Zog would prefer us over them.

Based on what?

Guest Sadoldgit

No doubting his game has improved. but he was somewhat disruptive in the dressing room. i think in current climate/prices worth pushing the boat out to get him.

but will Ash splash the cash?

I know Ryan Taylor was part of the deal but I wonder if Wigan are still paying us for Zoggy.  I can't imagine they are in a position to pay up front for players.

Whelan could always be pay Ashley in pies

Based on what?

Like Carroll did, innit.

I know Ryan Taylor was part of the deal but I wonder if Wigan are still paying us for Zoggy.  I can't imagine they are in a position to pay up front for players.

Whelan could always be pay Ashley in pies

This kind of nonsense is every bit as bad as racism, almost. Just a complete waste of a post.

Based on what?

They do not have Euro football next season and they are unlikely to offer him lucrative terms after spending so many money on Henderson.

p.s. I think the only way that prevents Liverpool from financial meltdown now is to secure a top 4 spot next season. That means they have to bypass Chelsea or Arsenal. Mission impossible.