SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest Geordiesned

I can actually see Ashley taking a huge gamble and trying to agree to sign him on a free in January when he'll only have 6 months left on his contract and will be able to talk to other clubs.

Guest WashyGeordie

Just read a decent suggestion elsewhere - throw Best in to reduce the fee?

And Smith for good measure...

I can actually see Ashley taking a huge gamble and trying to agree to sign him on a free in January when he'll only have 6 months left on his contract and will be able to talk to other clubs.

He'll be gone this summer though surely, if not to us then someone else.

Wigan won't want to lose him for nowt.

He'll be gone this summer though surely, if not to us then someone else.

Wigan won't want to lose him for nowt.

I think that's why clubs looking at him are prepared to wait until later in the window to try and get him.

Guest Stephen927

Wigan will still be trying to get a fee out of us though. N'Zogbia will only be allowed to talk to foreign clubs in January.

£12m for a player in the last year of his contract is too much, man. I rarely complain about fees as I generally believe most people go for what they're worth (i.e. what at least one club/sometimes more than one club is willing to pay for them). If things get more reasonable we might still have a little snufty. Doesn't look like any of the top-four or Liverpool/Spurs are even considering him at the moment - although I appreciate that can change if they miss out on other targets.

If that remains the case then I'd imagine we'd be next in line if we went back in for him, unless someone does jump the gun and attempt to blow everyone else out of the water.

I still just can't wrap my head around them accepting £9 million from Birmingham less than a year ago and supposedly adding 25% of that onto the new rumoured fee when he's got half the time left on his deal. I know he had a very good season, but it's still flawed. Can see him going for less than £8m if people hold their nerve.

Wigan will still be trying to get a fee out of us though. N'Zogbia will only be allowed to talk to foreign clubs in January.

It would be worth it. We could always try the trick they did on us? throw in Ryan Taylor as a part of the deal.