SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Marvoux comming back from injury, Ben Arfa comming back from injury. And I don't see where they say its a crime to have more then 1 player able to take up one position... There is a reason why smith was on the pitch last year, same could be said about Raylor and Perch aswell...

IF Zoggy came in he would be a right winger. Jonas/ Marveaux for the left, HBA probably most likely in the centre just behind the striker.

Does the signing of Marveaux rule of any chance of signing N'Zogbia? That's Jonas, Marveaux and Ben Arfa who can play on the left- and of course Fergie. Unless he would be seen as a RAM in a potential 4-2-3-1 formation?

Guest VegasToon

Does the signing of Marveaux rule of any chance of signing N'Zogbia? That's Jonas, Marveaux and Ben Arfa who can play on the left- and of course Fergie. Unless he would be seen as a RAM in a potential 4-2-3-1 formation?

All can play on the right or middle as well.

I have a feeling that with Marveaux coming in the N'Zogbia interest will have cooled. If it was genuine in the first place.

I have a feeling that with Marveaux coming in the N'Zogbia interest will have cooled. If it was genuine in the first place.

No no, the Barnetta interest has cooled! Zoggy is coming back.. Oh yes

seemed genuine but the Marveaux signing was unexpected and opportunistic as it seemed he was off to Liverpool but for something going wrong,

lord knows if its influenced our thinking now

We still need a right-winger imo. Routledge isn't good enough, LuaLua will be sold, Barton wouldn't be the wide-right man of a 5-man midfield or 3-man attack, so think we'll still try for Barnetta or N'Zogbia.

Wouldn't be surprised now though if Jonas did leave with Marveaux, Ferguson & Ben Arfa all capable of playing his role, but if we got one of those two mentioned, preferably the latter, I wouldn't mind too much.

We still need a right-winger imo. Routledge isn't good enough, LuaLua will be sold, Barton wouldn't be the wide-right man of a 5-man midfield or 3-man attack, so think we'll still try for Barnetta or N'Zogbia.

Much though I hate to say it, Barnetta actually makes more sense in that he's a genuine right footed winger. I think Zog is probably a better player but balance wise we might be better going for Barnetta.

Guest jonnyameobi

Chris Yates itv

Newcastle are in contract talks with Charles Nzogbia

He's also mentioned adebayor too

I don't think Marveaux makes Zog much more unlikely. It's not as if we've went out and spent a lot on him and we aren't overrun with out and out wingers, before him Jonas and Fergie were the only ones really. Strength in depth and all that.