Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Nathaniel Clyne. Crystal Palace Rb but can play Lb, 19yr version of Danny Simpson IMO, got good pace. Contract runs out 2012 and he won't sign up apparently so shouldn't cost a fortune. Would happily see Perch go the other way plus a minimal fee. Got a good future if he's trained correctly. Just been called up to Eng u20s along side wor Nile.

A good shout to cover fullback positions.  :thup:

And if my Fifa career is anything to go by, and I can safely say it is, he'd be a great buy.

Ireneusz Jeleń

32 goals in his last 64 games for Auxerre. Contract runs out in the summer and it doesn´t look like he´ll renew it.

not heard of him so had a look at Wiki. Can play right wing and as a forward  according to that but he's 30 this year. Have you seen him play before?

Ireneusz Jeleń

32 goals in his last 64 games for Auxerre. Contract runs out in the summer and it doesn´t look like he´ll renew it.

not heard of him so had a look at Wiki. Can play right wing and as a forward  according to that but he's 30 this year. Have you seen him play before?

He´s as much of a winger as Lovenkrands is tbh (can play there in emergency situations but you´d much rather see him upfront).  Haven´t watched any full Auxerre games with him, but I always look up his goals/highlights and watch him play for the national team.  He´s a pacey striker that makes some good runs and is generally a solid finisher. He seems to score a lot from counter attacks so I don´t really know if he´d fit us as I can´t remember us scoring many on the counter. Also he doesn´t want to sign a new contract because he isn´t happy about the wages being offered to him, still if we´d get him on a free I recokon he´d be a bargain.

Interesting read in the mirror, says the 35 Million is for Fees and Wages, which gives us two 7.5 million fees and 50k a week salaries over 4 years. As we seem to be signing 5 year contracts I reckon were down to 7 miilion fees tops.

Hard to see two quality strikers at 7 million each.

Interesting read in the mirror, says the 35 Million is for Fees and Wages, which gives us two 7.5 million fees and 50k a week salaries over 4 years. As we seem to be signing 5 year contracts I reckon were down to 7 miilion fees tops.

Is the club incapable of generating any income without transfers?

Nathaniel Clyne. Crystal Palace Rb but can play Lb, 19yr version of Danny Simpson IMO, got good pace. Contract runs out 2012 and he won't sign up apparently so shouldn't cost a fortune. Would happily see Perch go the other way plus a minimal fee. Got a good future if he's trained correctly. Just been called up to Eng u20s along side wor Nile.

He represents exactly the type of player we need to keep buying: young, talented and cheap because of the contract situation. get in!

But surely we had a transfer budget set aside even before Carroll was sold, so we should just be adding the proceeds from his transfer to the existing kitty.

Of course, this is Mike Ashley we're talking about

How much will Lacina Traore cost nowadays?

probably a lot now. He just signed for a Russian club a couple days ago for.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!  :weep:

I'm far more upset than perhaps I should be, but absolutely gutted to see that. Only a few million as well.

Wonder if the work permit might have been a problem for him. Looks real quality on Youtube.

I really couldn't tell too much about his quality since the defending was about conference standard at best. He reminded me of clips you see of Ameobi in training.

Wonder if the work permit might have been a problem for him. Looks real quality on Youtube.

I really couldn't tell too much about his quality since the defending was about conference standard at best. He reminded me of clips you see of Ameobi in training.

Is he as good as the legend goes, in training? Always heard that.

Is he as good as the legend goes, in training? Always heard that.

He runs and dribbles with the ball and the ball sticks to him like glue...i've never seen it once in his entire career, but seen him play like that twice (in two viewings) in training.  :lol:

Guest palnese

Eden Hazard... If we want to blow about 20 million of Carroll fee..... Then off course Ashley can sell him for 60 mil for Barca or Madrid.....

Eden Hazard... If we want to blow about 20 million of Carroll fee..... Then off course Ashley can sell him for 60 mil for Barca or Madrid.....

Can we not create an area of the forum exclusively for people like Ethi and Shaun so they can just talk amongst themselves? :lol:

Can we not create an area of the forum exclusively for people like Ethi and Shaun so they can just talk amongst themselves? :lol:

:lol:...wait!  :undecided:...  :weep: