Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Interesting read in the mirror, says the 35 Million is for Fees and Wages, which gives us two 7.5 million fees and 50k a week salaries over 4 years. As we seem to be signing 5 year contracts I reckon were down to 7 miilion fees tops.

Hard to see two quality strikers at 7 million each.

Is the club incapable of generating any income without transfers?

Where have you been since Ashley took over? Hes claiming (Notice the word claiming) to put 30 million a year of his own money in just to break even. So NO is the answer to your question.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I would like him at Newcastle, improvement on anything we've got. I'd be happy with something in the 10m-15m range. But his reported £52,000 a week seems a little high and defiantly higher than what we seem to be prepared to offer. 

As far as his ego goes I love it. Why not believe you're the worlds best player.

He might come on more being a lead striker and starting more games.

8 - 10 mil?  bit of a gamble innit?

Of course it's going to be a gamble, but we desperately need at least one quality striker in the summer, which is going to cost around that sum, and that is always going to be a gamble.

Don't think he is the type of player we should be signing. Hungry players please, he strikes me as being pretty lazy.

Think he'd be hungry to prove how good he is. He's said he's open to a move because he deserves first team football, if he were to make a big money move, I think he'd want to prove he's worth it.

Don't think he's lazy at all, fwiw.

I will never understand how people rate the likes of Pavlyuchenko and Elmander highly yet think Bendtner is rubbish. Just one of those players that is tagged a certain way.

Think it's because he plays for Arsenal and that heightens the expectations. Bendtner is better than both Elmander and Russian iyam, younger as well.

If we're spunking £10-ish mill on a striker I'd rather we spunked it on Edson Cavani tbh. Though he'd probably end up in the £20m range, sadly. And wouldn't be very realistic, dunno why I mentioned him now. :lol:

I'm glad that post backtracked as I read it.

Cavani for £10 million...here :lol:

My first thought after we sold Carroll was that I would love it if we could get Bendtner as a replacement. Think he could be very good for us once he get to play football on a regular basis. I wouldn't mind us paying £12m for him.

up to 15 mill for bendtner would be ok.

he is a bit of a character but im sure he could flourish here.....he has his best years ahead of him and will only get better!

im sure he will be good for 10 goals + even in a average season!

im afraid many teams (bigger than ours) value him as well. But he might wanna stay in England because of is child if he and the Baronesse spilt up as rumoured?

If we want another CB to partner Coloccini, we could do a lot worse than signing Douglas of FC Twente.

Great shout that. Young, big, physical centre back, he'd compliment Colo well imo.

Yep.

We'd probably have to wait until he gets Dutch citizenship though, last I heard he was going through the process as he hoped to open up options for the Dutch national team.