Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Laughable that people can just write off Joe Cole as "absolutely s**t". Past his best, almost certainly. Not worth the wages he would want? Again, almost certainly. But s**t? He's in a different class to countless Newcastle midfielders I've seen over the years, including some of our current lot.

How long have you been watching NUFC?

It's like the Robbie Keane of midfield. We know he will want big wages and it's hard to tell if we will see the same high standard of him that we saw at Chelsea. He hasn't done it at Liverpool. Injury prone too.

Guest Stephen927

I don't think anything Joe Cole does in his career now could top featuring in the Lancashire Senior Cup, he's ready to settle for retirement.

Krancjar anyone?

Still stunned that we didn't make a late approach for Kranjcar. As it became obvious that Carroll would be sold, we should have bid at least £6 million for Kranjcar.

We've got scouts at the Bordeaux v Caen match tonight.

And they would have seen a brilliant performance from El Arabi, developing into a class player that lad.

Clement Grenier? not getting a game for Lyon because they are overloaded with midfielders. Very skillful quick and has a great range of passing. ONly 20 and I believe is available on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Clement Grenier? not getting a game for Lyon because they are overloaded with midfielders. Very skillful quick and has a great range of passing. ONly 20 and I believe is available on a free transfer at the end of the season.

Great call. A lot of talent in France at the moment, French players also tend to adapt to English football better than Italian and Spanish players in general.

Guest Stephen927

Krancjar anyone?

Still stunned that we didn't make a late approach for Kranjcar. As it became obvious that Carroll would be sold, we should have bid at least £6 million for Kranjcar.

Why, we'd still be left needing a striker.