Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Krancjar anyone?

Still stunned that we didn't make a late approach for Kranjcar. As it became obvious that Carroll would be sold, we should have bid at least £6 million for Kranjcar.

Why, we'd still be left needing a striker.

Sick burn, bro.

Guest Stephen927

Krancjar anyone?

Still stunned that we didn't make a late approach for Kranjcar. As it became obvious that Carroll would be sold, we should have bid at least £6 million for Kranjcar.

Why, we'd still be left needing a striker.

Sick burn, bro.

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3165/sickburn.jpg

I'd be happy with Roger Johnson, he is equal if not better than Williamson and we need a deaper squad so yeah.

Nah, the squad depth for CB is ok.

We need a first teamer to play alongside Colo, with Williamson and Taylor backup. We need someone better than Williamson, not the same as.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I'd be happy with Roger Johnson, he is equal if not better than Williamson and we need a deaper squad so yeah.

We need a first teamer to play alongside Colo, with Williamson and Taylor backup. We need someone better than Williamson, not the same as.

I wouldn't call three CBs enough and considering S.Taylor is a sick note I'd be happy to bring Johnson in. I agree that we are thinner in other areas but that doesn't mean passing up the opportunity to strengthen in others.

I wouldn't call three CBs enough and considering S.Taylor is a sick note I'd be happy to bring Johnson in. I agree that we are thinner in other areas but that doesn't mean passing up the opportunity to strengthen in others.

Except it wouldn't be three CBs, it'd be four. And Kadar would make it five.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I was counting Colo,Williamson and S.Taylor as the three. Four would be Campbell and I think we can agree that we don't need him around if we bring another in. Kadar is still young, unproven.

I was counting Colo,Williamson and S.Taylor as the three. Four would be Campbell and I think we can agree that we don't need him around if we bring another in. Kadar is still young, unproven.

Colo - 1

New first team CB - 2

Williamson - 3

Taylor - 4

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I get what you're saying and I'd love to see Newcastle only make purchases that improve the quality of the first team but that's just not that realistic. I think he'd be a good addition to the squad and probably just pip Williamson to be Colo's partner.

Has the purchase of Wheater by Bolton paved the way for Cahill to exit? Although I think we'd be way down on the list of teams competing for him.

Sky Sports says Mexes hasn't sigined a new deal at Roma - but then again this is the realistic thread so count that out.

If were really going for a central defender I think we need to look at a Tiote type player but 6ft 5"+ to play alongside Colo. anything else is pointless. were not in a position to be spending a massive whack on a CB when we've no real LB or RB or DM cover and limited strikers.

Has the purchase of Wheater by Bolton paved the way for Cahill to exit? Although I think we'd be way down on the list of teams competing for him.

Wheater was brought in because we had no cover in central defence as we had just let O'Brien go. If Cahill goes, we'd probably look to bring someone in too.

Mentioned him before but Douglas of Twente would be a great signing to partner Coloccini. Big, strong but comfortable on the ball too.

Not in the best of form atm but at 23 he has time to improve, plus we're already on good terms with Twente.

Mentioned him before but Douglas of Twente would be a great signing to partner Coloccini. Big, strong but comfortable on the ball too.

Not in the best of form atm but at 23 he has time to improve, plus we're already on good terms with Twente.

apparently he's trying to get Dutch citizenship and wants to play for Netherlands....would avoid work permit issues (not that we're interested in him).

He fits 'the plan', he knows Tiote, he'd be cheap-ish and he's brilliant. It just makes so much sense to get him and I'm confident that Graham Carr will be aware of him. A very realistic transfer target!

Shame Saylor and Willy both signed five-year contracts, perhaps these contracts are indicative that Ashley does not plan to buy new CBs any time soon? Ideally, we'd get rid of one of them and bring in someone as good as Colo.

Shame Saylor and Willy both signed five-year contracts, perhaps these contracts are indicative that Ashley does not plan to buy new CBs any time soon? Ideally, we'd get rid of one of them and bring in someone as good as Colo.

Or just upping any possible sale price.

Where does Corluka fit into Spurs first team plans?

I know he played last night but he's the sort we should be sniffing after. He can play both centre half and right back. Him and Kranjcar would be brilliant signings for us, sadly both have found themselves in the Spurs first team in recent weeks.

Oh and the only reason Ashley hands out long contracts is so that we don't lose players on the cheap. Which ironically is our transfer policy.

Where does Corluka fit into Spurs first team plans?

I know he played last night but he's the sort we should be sniffing after. He can play both centre half and right back. Him and Kranjcar would be brilliant signings for us, sadly both have found themselves in the Spurs first team in recent weeks.

Oh and the only reason Ashley hands out long contracts is so that we don't lose players on the cheap. Which ironically is our transfer policy.

Our transfer policy is to lose players on the cheap?