Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Where does Corluka fit into Spurs first team plans?

I know he played last night but he's the sort we should be sniffing after. He can play both centre half and right back. Him and Kranjcar would be brilliant signings for us, sadly both have found themselves in the Spurs first team in recent weeks.

Oh and the only reason Ashley hands out long contracts is so that we don't lose players on the cheap. Which ironically is our transfer policy.

Our transfer policy is to lose players on the cheap?

Agreed, wtf is he on?

£35 million for Carroll isn't cheap.

I know he played last night but he's the sort we should be sniffing after. He can play both centre half and right back. Him and Kranjcar would be brilliant signings for us, sadly both have found themselves in the Spurs first team in recent weeks.

Oh and the only reason Ashley hands out long contracts is so that we don't lose players on the cheap. Which ironically is our transfer policy.

Agreed, wtf is he on?

I think he was referring to getting players from elsewhere on the cheap.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Cahill wouldn't be too bad a signing, but I think Upson and Krancjar might be out for free transfers this season and it wouldn't be too bad to have that duo join us which could be extremely likely considering our current transfer policy. Anybody know any other names avaliable for free?

Agreed, wtf is he on?

:clap:

Agreed, wtf is he on?

Correct.

Agreed, wtf is he on?

:clap:

Ah right, then that's a damn fine policy. :thup: :lol:

These are the areas I would want to address in the summer :

Harper/Krul

Simpson/S Taylor        Colo/Kadar    Will/S Taylor    Jose Enrique/New LB

New Winger/Barton      Barton/Nolan    Tiote/New DM      Guti/Ben Arfa

Ben Arfa/New Forward

New Striker/Ranger

I think Barton will end up back in the middle before too long now that we have lost Carroll and we need to adapt without him.

There is Gosling, the rest of the strikers, Vuckic etc to fill the squad out a bit.

So that means, a quality striker, a good up and coming forward to cover Ben Arfa and possibly the wide areas if needed, a quality right winger, a backup defensive mid and a backup left back. So 5 players at least to progress the squad to what I would like.

Charlie is still our 1st choice RB, competing with Walker next season.

You can have Hutton instead, Ashley can agree a fee and I'll drive him up to you.

Cahill wouldn't be too bad a signing, but I think Upson and Krancjar might be out for free transfers this season and it wouldn't be too bad to have that duo join us which could be extremely likely considering our current transfer policy. Anybody know any other names avaliable for free?

Niko is under contract until the summer of 2013.

Guest Heneage

You can have Hutton instead, Ashley can agree a fee and I'll drive him up to you.

Is he that bad?

I said we should try for Caicedo when he was playing in Man City's UEFA Cup run the season they bought Robinho (08/09?), it was obvious he was going to be replaced by the money coming in and he looked quite a good player.

Decent player I've always though Caicedo, not amazing like, but good enough for a midtable team. Record is even more impressive given Levante's lowly position in La Liga. Could well be more at home speaking his native language and having a fellow Ecuadorian in the squad with him at Levante thus contributing to his good form.

Guest EastEndGeordie

Hell yes Caicedo he's only twenty two as well which means that he probably is going to start hitting his peak soon, (which already seems to be underway considering how many goals he's scored for Levante).

Is he that bad?

Attacking he is very good, defensively he is average at best, positionally he is abysmal.  I don't think I've seen a player who can give away so many goals by being in the wrong place.  Coloccini's goal against us at SJP was testament to that.