Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Unfortunately Jonas is not going to simply become a productive winger. I like him, he's a useful squad player but in terms of starting XI I'd be looking to replace him.

Wrong, maybe nobody has worked with him on that part of the game. He may still learn how to cross. And if he does, he will be outstanding. It's the major factor he lacks. A wideman must be able to cross.

It's like he's come in and no one has done any personal development with him and just been told to play in this manner until Pardew came along. His crossing and productivity has noticeably improved over the past month or so (long way to go) so if Pardew has done what you say, its working.

I'm on about three players to upgrade the first team exclusively.

GK: Harper

RB: Simpson

CB: Coloccini

CB: Upgrade

LB: Enrique

RM: Barton

CM: Nolan

CM: Tiote

LM: Upgrade

AM: Ben Arfa

ST: Upgrade

how about

Harper

Upgrade Colo Upgrade Enrique

Jonas Barton Tiote Ben Arfa

Nolan Upgrade

What's wrong with Simpson? Improved a heck of a lot and can see him continuing to do so. I'd be pissed if we wasted a chunk of the cash on that position. Plus we've got Perch and Ryan Taylor as passable cover.

Jonas isn't a right-winger.

Barton hasn't performed competently as a centre-midfielder for years, yet is performing admirably on the right - why change it?

Ben Arfa plays best off the striker in a lurking role. Why waste his talent by shoe-horning him on the left? It'd disrupt the balance of the side and not get the best out of his personal ability.

Nolan isn't a striker and plays a crucial role with great effect infront of Tiote and behind the strikers.

Unfortunately Jonas is not going to simply become a productive winger. I like him, he's a useful squad player but in terms of starting XI I'd be looking to replace him.

Wrong, maybe nobody has worked with him on that part of the game. He may still learn how to cross. And if he does, he will be outstanding. It's the major factor he lacks. A wideman must be able to cross.

I'd like to think his recent assists will become a trend rather than a one off but I'd put money on him continuing to flatter to decieve. He's 28 in July ffs.

I really hope he gets another assist against Bolton. That will give him the boost he needs to continue his improvement.  Then he will be an invaluable player for us: defensively outstanding, works hard, gets plenty of free kicks in good positions, is seldom injured(important!!), never booked and delivers good crossers. Now if that's not an outstanding lm, then what is?

We need 6 players to be able to compete for Europe.

Starting CB, LM, Strikers

Cover RB and LB

Agree with that, though i don't think we need two brand new strikers for the starting line-up. Ben Arfa should be playing off one. But i'd definitely be looking to bring another forward in for cover.

We need to attackers yes. Against the weaker but physical teams like Burn and Stoke we should play 4-4-2 with one fast and one big attacker that stretch their defense. Against stronger teams we should go with 4-5-1 with HBA behind a strong, fast and a possession able attacker

Guest Chubby Jason

Carrick being linked with moves all over the shop, but does he fit our bill? And if he does is he realistic?

Please no, he's abysmal.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Carrick being linked with moves all over the shop, but does he fit our bill? And if he does is he realistic?

He doesn't fit our bill, wouldn't want him either.

Well that's that sorted then. For the record i'd be pretty meh about signing him apart from it oul boost our pubic hair thin squad.

He doesn't fit our bill, wouldn't want him either.

Well that's that sorted then. For the record i'd be pretty meh about signing him apart from it oul boost our pubic hair thin squad.

Do our guys mostly wax then?And does Carrick have a bush like Sherwood Forest?

Man City will be the place to look for good cast offs come the summer. Them and Spurs.

Totally disagree with this. Those players are living on  heavy salaries. It is also likely that they see Castle as a step down in their career. Thus they're probably not motivated enough. However, I would like us to buy some of their talents like Van Aanholt. They will se castle as a step up.And they're not used  anyways because that will increase those club's probability of loosing valuable  points in the race for a CL-spot

Guest EastEndGeordie

CASTLE?

Saves me typing  time, Castle, Burn, Bham etc.. Are you like Dave annoyed by those abbreviations? :lol:

If your talking about Newcastle you should really put in NUFC which is also shorter so please use that from now on :lol: