Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Watched Bournemouth V Sheff Weds last night and Gary Madine was a class apart. Won everything in the air never lost the ball when in possession and very good all round play. The only thing was missing was a gaol however i think the service was poor. Not many strikers get much out of Cooper and Pearce at the back for Bournemouth but Madine ran it. At 20 its worth taking the punt cos this lad certainly has something.

Just signed for Sheff Wed though. But if we're going to bring in British players, this is the way to do it. Young, cheap and low risk. They see Castle as a huge step and will apply themselves accordingly.

We shouldn't be looking for "cover" or "squad players", that's not how it works. We should be looking for players to compete with Tiote for that position (as hard as that will be). If we can't find players in their prime we should find young players, with an element of development in mind.

Very right.

We shouldn't be looking for "cover" or "squad players", that's not how it works. We should be looking for players to compete with Tiote for that position (as hard as that will be). If we can't find players in their prime we should find young players, with an element of development in mind.

Very right.

You're right, except for one thing: We're never going to find any player who's able to compete with the omnipotent Force that now controls our midfield.  But in principle you're spot on. Due to the price on British players, I think we must go abroad if we want to find additions that is good enough to raise the standards of the first XI.  The British, we buy young and cheap, and develop them in house..

I'd have Reo-Coker on the cheap like. I was keen for us to back-up the defensive midfield position in January, when we were linked with Whelan. It'd be a solid signing providing his wages demands were reasonable.

I'd have Reo-Coker on the cheap like. I was keen for us to back-up the defensive midfield position in January, when we were linked with Whelan. It'd be a solid signing providing his wages demands were reasonable.

The point is that the man won't come cheap. Too accept  a wage that is in accordance to our wage structure, he will demand a sign on fee. Besides, the man is utter shit..Tiote with no arms and legs is a better player than Reo-Coker.

Guest EastEndGeordie

The man wasn't a bad player, he was actually quite good IIRC. I'd take him for cheap plus he's only 26.

The man wasn't a bad player, he was actually quite good IIRC. I'd take him for cheap plus he's only 26.

You got to be drinking! Each time I've seen him for VIlla or WH, he's been utter crap.

Guest EastEndGeordie

You got to be drinking! Each time I've seen him for VIlla or WH, he's been utter crap.

For Aston Villa maybe,but for West Ham he was pretty good IMO. Mind you I only saw their cup run so he may have been crap in the league.

Guest palnese

What about that Tchoyi or what ever he's called?

Isn't he more of an attacking midfielder?

Very much so. Not good enough either. Couple of good goals - let's not be blinded. He is a bench player for WBA.

A bit like Tiote at Twente.

What about that Tchoyi or what ever he's called?

Isn't he more of an attacking midfielder?

Very much so. Not good enough either. Couple of good goals - let's not be blinded. He is a bench player for WBA.

A bit like Tiote at Twente.

Let's compare every bench player with Tioté, aye? The goals don't fit either.

Guest sicko2ndbest

For me great summer dealings would be:

In

Sow (Lille)

Samba

Jarvis

Gervinho

Nzogbia

Out

Campbell

Loven

Guthrie