Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Not sure if he's ready for the step up but Nathaniel Clyne could be good option for fullback competition. 19, been a regular at Palace last couple of seasons but not signing a new contract. Could get him cheap if they go down, English, wouldn't count against squad rules yet.

Naturally right sided but can play LB too.

For me great summer dealings would be:

In

Sow (Lille)

Samba

Jarvis

Gervinho

Nzogbia

Out

Campbell

Loven

Guthrie

Routledge

We need more back-up in defense. Cover for both Enrique and Simpson.

Replacement for Enrique.

Guest optimistic nit

Not sure how realistic he his but i'd love to see Shawcross in a toon shirt

Same.

He will complement Colo perfectly. But took this from wiki: "Additionally, Alex Ferguson negotiated a clause that gives Manchester United first refusal on any offer for the player"

Also, cb is not our most acute position. We need attackers, a winger and a lb cover first and foremost.

maybe a 4th choice cb to replace campbell but your right other positions need addressing first, especially the striker and winger front

1. Striker

2. Centre-back

3. Wing

... imo. That's if the £30m's being used to actually progress, as opposed to rebuild and consolidate.

surely a 2nd striker and rb are more important than another cb

I'm on about three players to upgrade the first team exclusively.

GK: Harper

RB: Simpson

CB: Coloccini

CB: Upgrade

LB: Enrique

RM: Barton

CM: Nolan

CM: Tiote

LM: Upgrade

AM: Ben Arfa

ST: Upgrade

Agree with that.

Doubt they'll bring in another CB with Taylor and Williamson having signed five-year contracts. Would like to see an LM come in, who can play at RM as well. At least one striker, who's going to get 10-15 goals next season, a must.

Not sure if he's ready for the step up but Nathaniel Clyne could be good option for fullback competition. 19, been a regular at Palace last couple of seasons but not signing a new contract. Could get him cheap if they go down, English, wouldn't count against squad rules yet.

Naturally right sided but can play LB too.

Nathaniel Clyne. Crystal Palace Rb but can play Lb, 19yr version of Danny Simpson IMO, got good pace. Contract runs out 2012 and he won't sign up apparently so shouldn't cost a fortune. Would happily see Perch go the other way plus a minimal fee. Got a good future if he's trained correctly. Just been called up to Eng u20s along side wor Nile.

O0

Guest optimistic nit

I'm on about three players to upgrade the first team exclusively.

GK: Harper

RB: Simpson

CB: Coloccini

CB: Upgrade

LB: Enrique

RM: Barton

CM: Nolan

CM: Tiote

LM: Upgrade

AM: Ben Arfa

ST: Upgrade

how about

Harper

Upgrade Colo Upgrade Enrique

Jonas Barton Tiote Ben Arfa

Nolan Upgrade

It's not sure that we need to upgrade LM. Pardew said they've worked with extra with Jonas to improve his crossing. That paid off against Bham. If he fixes that problem, we suddenly have a mental lm. He's in good crossing positions all the time, but that doesn't help since he ruins almost every opportunity.

Unfortunately Jonas is not going to simply become a productive winger. I like him, he's a useful squad player but in terms of starting XI I'd be looking to replace him.

Wrong, maybe nobody has worked with him on that part of the game. He may still learn how to cross. And if he does, he will be outstanding. It's the major factor he lacks. A wideman must be able to cross.